X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Harlan Ellison Documentary

Strangely enough I found out about this film in Wikipedia. Not sure when it's coming out:

Dreams with Sharp Teeth
    On Thursday, 19 April 2007, Dreams with Sharp Teeth, a new film by the producers of Werner Herzog’s “Grizzly Man,” received its first public screening at the Writers Guild Theatre in Los Angeles.

In 1981, then-24-year-old producer Erik Nelson began shooting footage of Ellison while the author was at work on his typewriter. The footage was meant for a PBS segment set to air in March of that year. Harlan allowed the young man to repeatedly film and interview him over subsequent years, stating that he thought Nelson to be "a fan working on a student project", and has stated that he never suspected that the film would amount to a serious production on such a professional level.

The result of those sessions, and subsequent sessions spanning decades from the original, have been culled and edited, with additions from contemporaries of Mr. Ellison into what has become a documentary following a rough arc of Ellison’s life and activities.

The film's screenings have been met with critical acclaim by contemporaries of Mr. Ellison and Mr. Nelson, and the production company is currently searching for distribution to bring it to a larger audience.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really interested in seeing this, Ellison for all his arrogance, can be very insightful and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed his "Harlan Ellison is watching" segments on Sci fi back in the day.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
      Stays Crunchy in Milk
      • Aug 2, 2004

Ellison is one of the most interesting boastfull snobs ever. I can disagree with 75% of everything he has to say and still want to listen. I want to see this.
      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

When I first saw Werner Herzog's name, I thought this was going to be a film of his. Herzog making a Ellison doc, now that would be something to see.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

He's one of my all time favorite writers and arrogant as heck I'd like to see the docu loved when he use to give his opinions on sci fi in the 90's.....

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Has it got any of the rows over "City on the Edge of Forever" in it? Just read his book concerning all the trouble over his original script (which is brilliant) and the arguements between him and Roddenberry....get the book if you love Ellison...
            Shall look out for it anyway...should be an entertaining docu
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎