X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1975 Kenner Six Million Dollar Man Catalog

In 1975 Kenner Toys grabbed the license to a popular ABC TV series and found themselves with one of the hottest toys of Christmas 1975! Seriously, my mom recalls almost being trampled at the local Kresges when moms lined up to get their limited supply of these.

The line's beginnings were humble however Kenner put a lot of effort into the original figure, where others might have simply phoned in an action figure line Steve had a ton of play value. Kenner reaped great reward from that concept.

Click Here to visit the 1975 Six Million Dollar Man Catalog

Other years of Bionic Toys

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

probably my all time favorite figure!! still have mine from when i was a kid. he's pretty much been to hell and back but he's still alive!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Cool! While I didn't watch many eps of this show as a kid, (except the crossovers w/ Jaime Sommers), I was fully aware of it and the toys it produced from watching after school cartoons. I didn't get Jaime until my 11th birthday in 1977, w/ 2 outfits, and for Christmas that same year, I got the Bionic Beauty Salon. I have memories of spending a week at my aunt's house right after my birthday, and my younger cousin Dane (now Olympic Gold Medal Beach Volleyball champ), and I would have Bionic Adventures w/ his SMDM and my BW and we would use his brother's GIJoes and Marx figures for bad guys.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

His bionic eye always bothered me.

Although I understand the concept behind it, it made him look like he was shot in the head through his eye. Real heroic.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

It's interesting. That Venus Probe would be more in scale with a Mego-sized SMDM!

Comment

• LOU
            Museum FIN-atic
            • Nov 20, 2003

Yeah, I remember the very first time I saw Col. Austin sitting on the shelf!! It ws the 2nd issue "Bionic Grip" figure with the orange I-beam! Never saw the 1st issue engine version in the stores though. My cousin Vicky then got Jaime Sommers and and then the adventures began! Great times!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎