X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

My favorite game of 2010

By far it was Mass Effect 2, which is coming to the PS3 next week. Just a cool space RPG/shooter where you assemble your crew through various missions, then band together to fight some force that threatens the galaxy.

The writing is excellent... great story and characterization. I really enjoy how your choices play through in the story and how your actions unlock different choices down the line.

I'm on my second playthrough and I must have a good 50 hours playing it. I played the first time through as a good guy giving all the good guy responses, and the second time's been really fun as I just give the nasty, bad guy (girl) responses. I started out relatively decent looking, but as my Renegade score rose, my character's face started to scar up, her eyes started to get dark circles, and eventually they glowed an evil red.

Now that it's coming out for PS3, I'll probably watch my friend on a third playthrough after he picks up the PS3 version, too.
  • TheDoLittle
    Disco King Discomboblator
    • Oct 24, 2010

Why no LittleBigPlanet2 love?
    ---
    David O. Little
    -=The DoLittle 8-)=-
    My Blog
    Picasa Web Albums - David Little

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

Probably because it's not out yet.

Mass Effect came out for the 360 in 2010.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by TheDoLittle
        Why no LittleBigPlanet2 love?
        I just bought a 10 inch Sackboy for my nephew...he is going to die of delight.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

There were a lot of really good games in 2010 so I can't really think of one that was my favorite. Halo reach is really close to the top though. That was great.

The most disappointing game of 2010 was Metroid other M. Team Ninja took my favorite game character and crapped all over her. They took Metroid away from Retro Studios for this!?! Bad graphics, bad control, terrible voicing acting and a degrading storyline. Horrid, horrid game.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TheDoLittle
            Disco King Discomboblator
            • Oct 24, 2010

Originally posted by MegoSteve
            Probably because it's not out yet.
            Well, I could argue it's been out in public Beta since October... but I concede your point.

A friend of mine got on the beta team and the jerk didn't tell me for 3 weeks!

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
            I just bought a 10 inch Sackboy for my nephew...he is going to die of delight.
            I can't wait till Monday and pick up mine!! 8-)
            ---
            David O. Little
            -=The DoLittle 8-)=-
            My Blog
            Picasa Web Albums - David Little

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

My favorite game of 2010

-Red Dead Redemption
              -MLB The Show 2010