Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ jumpsuit belt buckles...what are they?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJ-Paratrooper
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 1, 2008

AJ jumpsuit belt buckles...what are they?

In my ongoing quest to make my own aj figures, I've learned a lot....sewing sleeves is hard, belts are just white braided elastic, NOBODY makes caucasian repro heads [must cast my own], ....etc...one mystery remains...what are the buckles made of????....gotta be something simple...looks familiar...hmmm, anybody know???...
    DO AND DARE! HE'S EVERYWHERE!
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I made casts of the AJ heads too; 'cos nobody else did. (And I couldn't find the blonde haired, no beard white guy to save my life!) 'Course now the temptation to make a whole army of 'em is overwhelming. (What; no asian guy?) The buckles are B10 and B20:

http://www.riorondo.com/

Don C.

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 1, 2008

Awesome! I love this site! Thanks for the info on the buckles, Don.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Thanks for the useful info Don.

Comment

• AJ-Paratrooper
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 1, 2008

Molds & Casts

Originally posted by ctc
          Hmmmm....

I made casts of the AJ heads too; 'cos nobody else did. (And I couldn't find the blonde haired, no beard white guy to save my life!) 'Course now the temptation to make a whole army of 'em is overwhelming. (What; no asian guy?) The buckles are B10 and B20:

http://www.riorondo.com/

Don C.
          What materials did you use to make your AJ heads? I've gotta make my own for the same reasons you've stated. I don't share the opinion of most that the AJ head sculpts are "ugly". If one examines AJ's face carefully in the light, it becomes apparent how incredibly detailed the face is. Chin cleft, cheekbones, forehead wrinkles, etc. I think it's exceptional & that's why I'm interested in making some "upgraded" AJs!

My daughter and I are working on new jumpsuits...adding a green & a brown to match some of the suits on the box art. Our first suit is pretty rough but it's our first try.

Will post some pics when we get something completed.

Thanks again for the buckle info. - - Jim

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>What materials did you use to make your AJ heads?

Nothing fancy; basic polyurethane casting resin. (I use Easyflo 60.)

>how incredibly detailed the face is

They really are! The ones I painted actually look pretty manly and rugged, even though I painted 'em pretty much like an original. (Even added the guyliner.) The Caesar cut doesn't help; but that's an easy fix.

>Our first suit is pretty rough but it's our first try.

I had an old one in rough shape, picked it apart and used that for the pattern. Once you get the hang of it, they're pretty easy. Plus; you can get white army boots cheap from CTVT.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎