Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage toy you most wanted, that was most disappointing...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Vintage toy you most wanted, that was most disappointing...

For me, I'd have to say Suckerman.

He looked cool but didn't actually work very well. And I didn't realize he wasn't an "action figure."
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

a gi joe power wheel car, the battery died like 10 minutes and it would take like 12 hrs. to recharge it
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megoat
      A Therefore Experience
      • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      For me, I'd have to say Suckerman.

He looked cool but didn't actually work very well. And I didn't realize he wasn't an "action figure."
      Ha ha. I love Suckerman, but yeah, he didn't work that well. I mean, he worked okay when I threw him against the windows, but my mom wouldn't let me.

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

My husband said the Chemtoy Webmaker was one he longed for and hurt for... and when he got it, it blew..

Me? LJN Wrestlers.

I wanted them so bad I could taste it...and I never got them. A neighbor kid did later on, and well... they blew.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• megoat
          A Therefore Experience
          • Jun 10, 2003

This was super disappointing. Waited weeks for this one to show up to find a box of cruddy two dimensional soldiers and out of scale tanks and planes. Total rip off.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by LadyZod
            My husband said the Chemtoy Webmaker was one he longed for and hurt for... and when he got it, it blew..

Me? LJN Wrestlers.

I wanted them so bad I could taste it...and I never got them. A neighbor kid did later on, and well... they blew.
            LJN's were awesome
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Sandman9580
              Career Member
              • Feb 16, 2010

Toybiz Batman from the '89 movie.

I couldn't wait to get the toys and when I finally got my Batman, he was shiny and had a goofy, pudgy face that was smiling for some reason. Also, his belt came off and a string came out of where his intestines would be, which kinda weirded me out as a kid. And to make matters worse, on the back of the card there was a picture of the Kenner Super Powers Batman, repainted black, that looked awesome. Not exactly movie-accurate either, but I loved my Super Powers guys and a "black" SP Bats would have suited me just fine.

Years later, Kenner got the license and they made a great line of figures that featured a more Keaton-looking Batman, but by then I was too "old" for toys. At least my younger brother got to enjoy them. (And anyway, I have a Hot Toys version to look forward to now, so... all's well that ends well. )
              Last edited by Sandman9580; Jan 9, '11, 8:51 PM.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                Removed.
                • Jun 14, 2008

I'm sure if I strained my brain I could think of something but the first thing that came to mind was that Super Elastic Bubble Plastic.
                Some foul smelling petroleum-based sludgy paste that you were supposed to roll into a ball and stick a straw into and blow these huge "balloons" up out of it. I could never get a balloon bigger than a tennis ball before it popped.
                I seem to recall it kind of made a sticky mess too.

Rich

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

Tiffany Taylor...the doll itself was OK, but my parents gave me a black one. Not that I didn't like black dolls, but on the commercial, the white one had brunette/blonde hair, (which is what I wanted), but the black one had brunette/auburn hair. Eventually I got over it, and I loved her as much as my other dolls.
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Doc
                    Banned
                    • May 9, 2010

Originally posted by megoat
                    http://www.jeffs60s.com/ww2soldiersfull1.jpg

This was super disappointing. Waited weeks for this one to show up to find a box of cruddy two dimensional soldiers and out of scale tanks and planes. Total rip off.
                    Well at least I was not the only one..........

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

from my wife's tales of childhood - gotta go with the sea monkeys

I had to get my mom to write a check, help me post the letter, wait for weeeeeeeeks, and then - what!!!!??!!!

no castle, no king and queen, no smiley faces peering out of a magical tank at me. Just a little bag and a plastic cup. Add water - couple of days later it is filled with fish food. I am still burning about that one.
                      Last edited by rche; Jan 9, '11, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                        spam
                        • May 28, 2009

LJN wrestlers were AWESOME! I WISH when Jakks did some that they did them to scale. The Jakks versions were about an inch smaller than the originals. Totally negated the entire line. Idiots.

Vintage toys I am not too much upset about. I AM upset about Jakks LJNs...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I loved the LJN wrestlers when I was like 12....LOL
                          Sea Monkeys were always pretty lame

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by megoat
                            http://www.jeffs60s.com/ww2soldiersfull1.jpg

Dude, when I read the title of this thread this was the first thing I thought of. I knew I was introuble when the "footlocker" was about the size of a transistor radio. I kept thinking there had to be another two or three boxes.

At the age of nine, I think that was the first time I actually said W T F!

Guess I should have ordered the Sea MOnkeys.

Scott
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Manglord.

The commercials were wicked cool. I think it was something like "Twist him, stretch, tear him apart and he comes back for more." You do any of those things to Manglord and that was pretty much it for him.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎