X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jordiway
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 17, 2007

Collecting Video Games

Is anyone else here a video game collector? I collect mostly nes and colecovision stuff.

There are a few people out there that are still making atari 2600 and colecovision and nes games.

This one guy named Eduardo makes games for the colecovision and his work is just incredible.

Here is one of his games called pac-man collection. It has 3 games on one cart Pac-man Ms. Pac-man and Pac-man Plus.

Opcode Games
    Last edited by Jordiway; Jan 7, '11, 4:41 PM.
  • wilbs518
    Mego Collector
    • Jul 25, 2009

Wicked Cool!
    sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I have 180 Atari 2600 games and 40 Intellivision II games.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

I've accumulated rather than collected ...lol... I still have c-64 games, Amiga games, snes, n-64, original game boy, gamecube and pc games floating about.
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I have my original Intellivision along with the original games but haven't hooked it up for years so I don't know if it works. I have stated before on here that I distinctly remember Intellivision football because my brother figured out some glitch in the software where he would run a slant pattern (even though it wasn't designed that way) and there was no defense to stop it....he would gain 3 yards minimum and there was nothing you could do. My dad, who has been deceased for almost 17 years and was a farmer type/workaholic used to love playing Burger Time. I swear he would play that game and can still see him getting upset when the condiments would catch up with him...it was one of the few times I saw him relax and enjoy life.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Dunno if I'm a collector, but I am an amasser. I keep my old systems 'cos every once in a while I like to break 'em out and play them.

Don C.

Comment

• Captain_Dan
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 19, 2010

Wow, how in the heck is that guy making games for coleco vision That is awesome. I still have mine, it still works, havent played it in a while. Still have 2 or 3 atari 2600s and a ton of games for it. Picked up the colecovision at a rummage for 5 or 10 bucks with 10 or so games. Atari's with games i found at rumages and goodwills. Not really a collector just couldnt pass up it up for the prices.

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

i kept most of my stuff from when i was a kid..NES,GB,Sega master system,N64,ps2

my bro took the Genesis and super NES
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

I still have my ColecoVision and Intellivision consoles, in working order.
                  I still buy games for them too, whenever I find them on Ebay or at collectors' events.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

I collect some old games, I have a soft spot for my Atari Jaguar and sometimes pick up games for it still. I also have an Atari 7800, old pong system, and Sega Dreamcast that I have held onto.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

I collect some old games, I have a soft spot for my Atari Jaguar and sometimes pick up games for it still. I also have an Atari 7800, old pong system, and Sega Dreamcast and Master System that I have held onto.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                        I have a soft spot for my Atari Jaguar and sometimes pick up games for it still.
                        Where did you learn to fly?

I like the Jag too.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jordiway
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 17, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Where did you learn to fly?

I like the Jag too.
                          This company made dentist office equipment out of the Jaguar

Comment

• VintageMike
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2004

I collect but in a different way. I want every coin-op title I can get. Sometimes it's easy with the number of classic compilations put out for last gen systems. But I'll reach further to get everything I can. Q-Bert & Moon Patrol for example are only available on PS 1 discs. Home versions of Popeye stopped with the NES. Mr. Do only came out on the Super NES. The only place you can get a home version of the arcade Donkey Kong is on the N64 title Donkey Kong 64. I want 'em all!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by VintageMike
                              Mr. Do only came out on the Super NES.
                              Go back even further, and you'll find the ColecoVision had a fairly decent version of Mr. Do.
                              But I guess the SNES version might be easier to get hold of than the ColecoVision version.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎