X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

how to wash a Falcon

my latest E-BAY purschase needs help this mego Falcon was really a childs toy not only does he need to be restrung his outfit is very filthy, so whats the best way to wash it? need some help guys
  • Blackkryptonite
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 28, 2006

Grats on your purchase. I think I've heard that most people use something like Woolite to clean old Mego clothes but I've used just plain old mild soap with water and had great results. There are some tutorials on re-stringing too if you need help with that or I'm sure any of us would be happy to help you along. Post some pics of some before and afters if you can

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by Blackkryptonite
      Grats on your purchase. I think I've heard that most people use something like Woolite to clean old Mego clothes but I've used just plain old mild soap with water and had great results. There are some tutorials on re-stringing too if you need help with that or I'm sure any of us would be happy to help you along. Post some pics of some before and afters if you can
      Yeah Mild soap, and cold water, so the color don't run.
      I use all temprate Cheer which works is hot ,warm or ice cold water.
      in a sytrofoam cup stired with a plastic spoon , back and forth, not unlike a real washer machine.,

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

Personally, I have had a lot of luck with Oxyclean followed by a Woolite bath.

I never scrubbed the clothes but only let them soak in Oxyclean for about 5 minutes followed by a woolite soak for 5 minutes run under cold water and keep repeating until you get your desired result.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Bionic Joe
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 10, 2006

He lives agian he made it thru the restring next up washing the outfit thanks for the advise guys

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎