X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artskull
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 14, 2010

"Slasher" Accessories

Seeing Cast-A-Way Toys new jumpsuits made me think of doing custom Michael Myers from Halloween to go with my other Mad Monsters. BUT… one thing I can't seem to find is a Mego scale butcher knife. It's just not Michael without his knife. I've seen plenty of action/army or fantasy/medieval type but no "kitchen" knives. Also looking for Mego scale machete, chainsaw, etc… all the tools of the trade as such for slasher flix. Anyone have any suggestions?
    --
    ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Mezco has made a ton of slasher characters and some of the accessories could be used in the Mego scale.

Their larger figures are close in scale and the smaller ones might also have something that could be used. Try searching them out.

Comment

• artskull
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 14, 2010

Great suggestion! Mezco's Cinema of Fear series are what I have in mind in Mego form. Just wouldn't want to buy full figure just for the accessory.
      --

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I Dremel'd down a popsicle stick to make a machete for a Jason custom. It'd be pretty easy to do a wedge knife.

Don C.

Comment

• artskull
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 14, 2010

Originally posted by ctc
          Hmmmm....

I Dremel'd down a popsicle stick to make a machete for a Jason custom. It'd be pretty easy to do a wedge knife.

Don C.
          Don, thanks for that tip. I've been trying to wrap my head around how to make kustom accessories like that. I'd love to see pix of your Jason custom.
          --

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Chainsaw:
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
              Banned
              • Oct 25, 2010

Check the Marv (Sin City) figures - I have three, and they each came with a ton of goodies, things like:

Knives
              Severed head(s)
              Blood-spattered chainsaw
              " " hatchet
              " " Hack-saw
              etc...

In fact, HERE you go:
              (GREAT figure...one of my favorites...)

Frank Miller SIN CITY MARV McFarlane Action Figure - eBay (item 330516399525 end time Jan-13-11 17:31:22 PST)
              Last edited by Mr.Krusher; Jan 7, '11, 6:18 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

If you're looking for a Chainsaw accessory, skip Chainsaw Charlie and go to your local Dollar Store. Like Dollar Tree.

This comes with this wrestler figure: Infinite Hollywood: Bootleg Wrestling Figure (Mistico) Review

And it costs only a $1!

Let me know if you want pics of it with a Mego.

Comment

• artskull
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 14, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  If you're looking for a Chainsaw accessory, skip Chainsaw Charlie and go to your local Dollar Store. Like Dollar Tree.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/...bd1e43da3b.jpg

This comes with this wrestler figure: Infinite Hollywood: Bootleg Wrestling Figure (Mistico) Review

And it costs only a $1!

Let me know if you want pics of it with a Mego.
                  If you have pic of chainsaw with a Mego, I'd certainly be interested to see it in use. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Looks like I'll be searching the closeout/discount aisles. I'd never have thought to check out the $1 stores.
                  --

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by artskull
                    If you have pic of chainsaw with a Mego, I'd certainly be interested to see it in use. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Looks like I'll be searching the closeout/discount aisles. I'd never have thought to check out the $1 stores.
                    Here is Coach ( a character from the zombie game, Left 4 Dead 2) with that Dollar Tree chainsaw. The only downside to that chainsaw is the back of it is hollow. But that is pretty easy to "fix", if you don't want to live with it as it comes.

Comment

• TrueDave
                      Toy Maker
                      • Jan 12, 2008

Might be too big but the Mezco Jack the ripper was loaded with knives. Actually might be too cartoony . . Cant remeber , got rid of mine.

Comment

• artskull
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 14, 2010

Originally posted by sprytel
                        Here is Coach ( a character from the zombie game, Left 4 Dead 2) with that Dollar Tree chainsaw. The only downside to that chainsaw is the back of it is hollow. But that is pretty easy to "fix", if you don't want to live with it as it comes.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/x...oach-loose.jpg
                        I think I'll be searching out the Dollar Tree stores in my area… That chainsaw would be great for Ash from the Evil Dead series and, of course, Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. So many ideas, so little time…
                        --

Comment

• artskull
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 14, 2010

Originally posted by TrueDave
                          Might be too big but the Mezco Jack the ripper was loaded with knives. Actually might be too cartoony . . Cant remeber , got rid of mine.
                          I'll keep my eyes on the marketplace, never now if items like this might pop up. As you mentioned, finding "realistic" vs "cartoony" is proving quite a challenge.
                          --

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎