X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshvox
    Clown Prince of Crime
    • Mar 21, 2006

Shatner not in the new movie?

This came as a surprise to me, I assumed that since Nemoy was in it, Shatner was as well. If he wants to be in it, they absolutely MUST make room right? You can't **** off the classic trek fans--or pretty much no one will go see this movie.

Shatner: How come I'm not in new 'Star Trek'? - CNN.com
    Last edited by joshvox; Oct 26, '07, 2:47 PM.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow that would really suck if they don't atleast give him a small part,we all know he's earned it and deserves it
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

IMO, it's going to suck with-or-without the Shat.

I hope he keeps playing it cool and stays away from it.

IMO, the movie big-time is going to tank.......

If Bill was smart (which I think he is) --- he'll let the ship go down without him

The whole thing is a joke.
      Last edited by Mikey; Oct 26, '07, 3:26 PM.

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

If there's no justifiable reason for including his character in the movie, why should Shatner be in it? After agreeing to let them kill Kirk, he should've stopped expecting to be in the sequels.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
          IMO, it's going to suck with-or-without the Shat.

I hope he keeps playing it cool and stays away from it.

IMO, the movie big-time is going to tank.......

If Bill was smart (which I think he is) --- he'll let the ship go down without him

The whole thing is a joke.
          I think there are way too many Trekkies out there to let this tank,Plus I know I like the cast a lot,so I have a good feeling about this one

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

The thing is ........
            Shat, just as much as Captain Kirk is the GOD of the whole Trek franchise.
            Kirk dying in that Next Gen movie is irrelevant.
            If Kirk suddenly woke up from his grave and said I'M BACK with no explanation whatsoever, most Trekkies --including me, would take it as gospel.

Comment

• kingcarm
              That Ape Guy
              • Sep 7, 2001

Without Shatner in the new movie....I wouldn't even bother seeing it. Kirk was, is, and will always be Star Trek. Period.
              Carm

Comment

• Hornet of Doom
                Licensed Clown Head Pilot
                • Jul 21, 2005

OK, they'd take it as gospel, but *should* they do it? Just because they can, doesn't mean it would make a good story.

If they bring back Kirk, don't you think that would trivialize his death in Generations? If he came back, you'd watch the movie and say, "OK, he's dead, but he comes back later." This way, Kirk's dead, huge tragedy, he stays dead. This isn't Marvel Comics here.
                She strode into the alley surrounded by a cloud of razor blades, ready to mete out indiscriminate righteousness on whosoever happened to catch her glowing green eye. "Alright," she said, her too-wide mouth twisting into a grin, "Who wants to be meted upon first?"

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 28, 2007

This movie is gonna suck donkey dork, just out of principle I won't be seeing it.

What a slap in the face to Shatner and to Trek fans. I hope fans boycott this movie.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hornet of Doom
                    OK, they'd take it as gospel, but *should* they do it? Just because they can, doesn't mean it would make a good story.

If they bring back Kirk, don't you think that would trivialize his death in Generations? If he came back, you'd watch the movie and say, "OK, he's dead, but he comes back later." This way, Kirk's dead, huge tragedy, he stays dead. This isn't Marvel Comics here.
                    yeah but remember he's not playing Capt.Kirk,this movie is going back to the beginning when they were younger,so it's as if the Kirk death thing never happened,so why not put him as another character? Maybe playing a relative of Kirk or 1 of the top Guys in command or something

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

If they bring back Kirk, don't you think that would trivialize his death in Generations?

IMO, that movie trivialized Star Trek

I say we dump everything we've ever seen in the trash AFTER Undiscovered County and start over

Comment

• Hornet of Doom
                        Licensed Clown Head Pilot
                        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by type1kirk
                        If they bring back Kirk, don't you think that would trivialize his death in Generations?

IMO, that movie trivialized Star Trek

I say we dump everything we've ever seen in the trash AFTER Undiscovered County and start over
                        But we can't, as that's now officially canon. It may suck, but everybody knows that Robin Hood, King Arthur, and Captain Kirk eventually died.
                        She strode into the alley surrounded by a cloud of razor blades, ready to mete out indiscriminate righteousness on whosoever happened to catch her glowing green eye. "Alright," she said, her too-wide mouth twisting into a grin, "Who wants to be meted upon first?"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

At the time, I got the whole "kill Kirk so he dies like Arthur and other classic heroes, etc." thing. But now I think it was Trek's biggest single mistake. Besides the fact that Kirk is incredibly out of character throughout the Generations movie, Kirk's fate should have been left a mystery that was ocassionally referred to, but no definite answer given. That way we could each decide in our own minds where the character ended up.

If they could work in Kirk as Shatner in the movie, that'd be fine. But I don't want them shoehorning him in for a hokey cameo. Scotty and Chekov's pressence in Generations is just...odd...without Spock and Bones. They should have left them out altogether.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            Alan Scott is the best GL
                            • Aug 8, 2007

Actaully Shatner himself has already undone the death scene in the Novels he wrote in the 90's. get this "the borg salvaged the body and restored it as their agent" of coarse Spock and picard brought his memores back. If anyone wants to know the titles PM me and I can find them in my stacks of books

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
                              I think there are way too many Trekkies out there to let this tank,Plus I know I like the cast a lot,so I have a good feeling about this one
                              If ENTERPRISE taught me anything it's that trekkies aren't lemmings flocking to whatever drivel they put out. Trekkies/trekkors will tune in only as long as the product lives up to the standards they expect from ST tos. If this recreated movie isn't as good the fans will communicate with each other soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎