X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

Bad SCi fi halloween episodes

I felt like some really bad halloween shows from my fav sci fi shows in honor of the season so last Night I broke out the VHS and watched Night of the Clones (Spiderman 78) and Cylon Conquest of Earth (aka Galctica 1980 with wolfman jack)

Feel free to add ones from your favs where a costume party or halloween was the theme
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The Smallville where Lana, Lois and Chloe are witches is pretty darn bad. It's campy on purpose though. Too bad it tied into a real (pointless) Lana storyline where she was "possessed" by a witch who looked just like her. Cliches abounded.

Then there's the "Scooby-Doo Show" episode with the Halloween party and the Headless Horseman! That's a classic.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Was the Charmed episode where they become super-heroines a Halloween ep? I like that just for the eye-candy nature of it.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
        Was the Charmed episode where they become super-heroines a Halloween ep? I like that just for the eye-candy nature of it.
        may not have been halloween but it fits the costume criteria.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

There was an episode of JAG wherein a group of drug smugglers had created fake ufo's to scare the locals away. (Seriously....)

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky Judge Advocate General officers!"

Don C.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

I always liked the "Roseanne" Halloween episodes..creative costuming on those.

And of course the "Friends" Halloween episode where Monica is Catwoman, Phoebe is Supergirl and Ross is doody (actually "Spudnik")!

This week's "Bones" has Dr. Brennan dressed as Wonder Woman and Dr. Saroyan dressed as Catwoman.
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Yeah, I like when they copied Fran Dreschers low cut fanny gown for Rosanne but had to substitute sheer material to bridge her shoulders and back because she was not as dainty as Drescer. I thought it looked good on her.

Let me not forget the Classic Trek ep Catspaw. That cat may not have looked realistic walking thru the scaled down dungeon but It would have made a great Mego playset!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The "Night Visitors" episode of Logan's Run takes place in a haunted house with possessed spirits trying to take over Jessica's body or something like that, it's terrible and Logan solves everything by shooting them.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                  it's terrible and Logan solves everything by shooting them.
                  gee seems to describe every episode of loguns run as I recall (LOL). I think you would have to strap me to the chair like Malcom Mcdowell in a clockwork orange to make me watch that show again. Of course I did just watch galgactica 1980 so what does that say about my sanity level

Comment

• ABMAC
                    User
                    • May 16, 2002

CHiPs had an episode with a costume party that included a gorilla from Planet of the Apes. I can't remember any of the other costumes, but there was a room full of people dressed up.

BTW, Lou Wagner, who played Harlan, was also Lucius in the original Planet of the Apes movie.

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

There is the Brady Bunch episode where the kids decide to make their house haunted when Mike decided to put the house up on the market.
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• chalwa
                        Mego Philomath
                        • Jun 8, 2007

Don't forget the Star Trek episode "Cats paw" or "Catspaw" that had a witch-y Halloweenish theme and aired sometime in October (I think).

bestest
                        Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                        The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                        Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                        I shall be very proud and great.
                        And tell the other girls and boys,
                        not to meddle with my toys.
                        -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                          gee seems to describe every episode of loguns run as I recall (LOL). I think you would have to strap me to the chair like Malcom Mcdowell in a clockwork orange to make me watch that show again. Of course I did just watch galgactica 1980 so what does that say about my sanity level
                          Pistols at dawn sir, pistols at dawn.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by Adam West
                            There is the Brady Bunch episode where the kids decide to make their house haunted when Mike decided to put the house up on the market.
                            That was an early episode. A later episode had all of them trying to top themselves scaring each other. Alice boasts that she can never be scared and they set out to scare her with an elaborate scheme.

When I watch that episode today, I can't help but think that this is what happens when you pair up 3 boys and girls of similar ages and make them brothers and sisters (in law).

All that sexual frustration bubbles up into putting extraordinary time and effort into silly schemes to scare each other and Alice.

Hey, if I was a teenager and Marcia was suddenly named my sister and lived in the same house as me and I had to treat her like a sister, I'd probabaly wind up doing the same thing.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Pistols at dawn sir, pistols at dawn.
                              HA HA HA

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰