• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Resin heads? Opinions? Advice?

Hey! :-)

I was just curious about resin heads for customs. My figures all get played with so I s there any problem with moving the head or keeping the paint on durong wear and tear?

Thanks !!!
    Excited but nervous!

Anybody seen resin Gorn hands for EMCES updated release?

Thanks !!
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

As far as the head being able to move around: That shouldn't be an issue... Some people make them with "neckplugs" like original MEGO figures, others make them with a long stem to stick into the torso... Either way, if you have the neck hole trimmed to size, the heads will move with no problem...

As far as wear and tear on them: If they're well sealed, there shouldn't be much trouble... To make sure there's little or no chance of paint damage, use them on carpet or some other soft surface because even if sealed, falling on a hard surface (or hitting the corner of shelves or something) can cause small nicks in the paint...

I've only made a few customs so far, but I coat them with Delta Ceramcoat Matte Interior Varnish which seems to give pretty good protection...

Originally posted by TrueDave
    Hey! :-)

I was just curious about resin heads for customs. My figures all get played with so I s there any problem with moving the head or keeping the paint on durong wear and tear?

Thanks !!!
    Excited but nervous!

Anybody seen resin Gorn hands for EMCES updated release?

Thanks !!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎