• Show
Clear All
  • JMC
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 3, 2004

Alternatives to Joann's Jet Set fabric

Hi,

Happy New Year everyone!

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Joann's jet set fabric? I want to try a more traditional mego figure and need to find the closest thing to the fabric mego used.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Honestly, I think Jet set is currently the closest thing available to Mego--closer than the micro-knit Mattel is using.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think vintage knit clothing would be your other option...

You might also try dancewear.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JMC
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 3, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I think vintage knit clothing would be your other option...

You might also try dancewear.
        Thanks

Joann's doesn't have all the colors I want in Jet set so I needed an alternative.

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I use old t-shirts.

Don C.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, the colors at JA are limited; the best time to find a variety is at Hallowee'en & also check out clearance Hallowe'en costumes at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Many costumes are actually made of Jet Set. If you buy a L or XL, you can get a few suits out of each.

(I'm having trouble finding orange/marigold.)

Regarding dancewear, you'll want the polyester knit kind, not the kind with lycra/spandex.

Comment

• JMC
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 3, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Yes, the colors at JA are limited; the best time to find a variety is at Hallowee'en & also check out clearance Hallowe'en costumes at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

Many costumes are actually made of Jet Set. If you buy a L or XL, you can get a few suits out of each.

(I'm having trouble finding orange/marigold.)

Regarding dancewear, you'll want the polyester knit kind, not the kind with lycra/spandex.
              Thanks again!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎