X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Basa heroes: Superman, Batman and.....?

According to the gallery listing of Supes, Basa made 3 superheroes for the Peruvian market. I know about Superman and Batman, but who is the third one? Robin, Spider-man, Aquaman, Ma Walton? I looked around but couldn't find any info on the mysterious third one.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Robin. I know of 2. Rudy bought one a couple of months ago with somewhat of an outfit and the second one I've seen on eBay was a nude figure
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Thanks, Thomas, I must have missed that development. . I'm not surprised that it was Rudy who ended up getting one! Were pics of his figure ever posted anywhere?

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Yeah, he outbid me with 3 seconds to go or so

I don't think the pics made it to the forum, but I saved 'em on my computer. I'll download them to my album and post them tomorrow
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Merlyn1976
          Fist of Khonshu
          • Mar 29, 2005

PERU-Rare Vintage 8" ROBIN Figure,by BASA,70s? - (eBay item 250176153764 end time Oct-21-07 13:26:27 PDT)
          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

James Gallo told me at megomeet that BASA only released the three. He has some solid connections there so I'm inclined to believe him.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Weird timing for me thinking about this, I didn't realize that an auction for a Basa Robin ended only a few days ago! If I searched completed auctions I would have found the answer to my own question. I look forward seeing the pics of the partially outfitted one, Thomas. I'm glad you saved them.

Slightly related, I also recently found out that Basa supposedly made two 12" (well, actually 15") Star Wars figures in the early 80's. A Darth Vader definitely showed up and a Chewbacca is rumoured to exist. But there seems to be some debate on whether the Vader that was found, which is slightly different from the Kenner one (but not as different as the Lili Ledy ones), is an actual licensed product, or a bootleg of the Kenner toy.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Here they are, this is the most "complete" Basa Robin I've ever seen

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Thanks Thomas, that's cool! So he has a green body suit like the Ledy Robin, except that it's more character accurate (no long sleeves or leggings). I guessing he wore a red vest over top (again, similar to the Ledy), and then maybe a cloth cape similar to the BASA Superman and Batman. That sounds like it would look pretty nice. How much did he end up going for?

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by cjefferys
                    Thanks Thomas, that's cool! So he has a green body suit like the Ledy Robin, except that it's more character accurate (no long sleeves or leggings). I guessing he wore a red vest over top (again, similar to the Ledy), and then maybe a cloth cape similar to the BASA Superman and Batman. That sounds like it would look pretty nice. How much did he end up going for?
                    Yeah, that sounds about right I guess, seems the most logic.
                    If I'm not mistaken he went for $307

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Wow. I used to have a coworker from Peru. I wish I'd kept in touch with him, I'd be asking him to hit up his friends and family back home to see if they have any old toys lying around.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by cjefferys
                        Wow. I used to have a coworker from Peru. I wish I'd kept in touch with him, I'd be asking him to hit up his friends and family back home to see if they have any old toys lying around.
                        Time to dig up his address again
                        And don't forget your friends here at the Museum

Comment

• Rudy Zerbi
                          Persistent Member
                          • Oct 26, 2007

Yes,I bought,from the same seller,Batman (complete),Superman (complete) and the Robin you see here.
                          If you need pics for the Museum I will be more than happy to send you some.
                          Rudy

Comment

• MegoNinja
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by Rudy Zerbi
                            Yes,I bought,from the same seller,Batman (complete),Superman (complete) and the Robin you see here.
                            If you need pics for the Museum I will be more than happy to send you some.
                            Rudy
                            how much did they set you back Rudy?
                            I the Monster Hero

Comment

• sauce
                              Removed
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Remember when we were young?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰