X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Goldeneye Wii

I got this for Christmas and it's pretty good. Not as good as the reviews I've seen say it is. But still good.

The graphics are above average by Wii standards. The environments and character models are done well but the textures suffer from an overall soft or slightly blurry look to them. Graphics wise it falls below Metroid Prime 3 and The Conduit.

The biggest issues I have with it are the camera and controls. I've tried it with the Gamecube, classic controller and Wiimote and nunchuck combo and none of these work perfectly for me. Just different plus and minuses. I messed with the settings for quite a while and what finally worked the best for me was the Wiimote and nunchuck control style with the bounding boxes turned the smallest as they would go.

There are also problems with the camera aiming. Many times I've died because the camera would lock and I could not aim up or down at enemies higher or lower than me. Very frustrating. You will die alot of cheap deaths in this game.

Still a solid FPS by Wii standards and, hey, it's Goldeneye!
    Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 29, '10, 5:26 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

the N64 one is still one of my faves of all time
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I just looked at a video of it...looks pretty good. I wish the PS3 would come out with some better Move shooting games like this.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I can't believe I forgot to mention this when you hold the Z button, in theory, it's supposed to aim down your sites and snap onto an enemy. In theory. In reality, nine times out of ten, the camera will quicky aim up at the sky instead of your target and you will get shot.

I found the control issues the most irritating in the level where you have to guard Natalya from swarms of enemies as she tries to disable the Goldeneye satellite. You will die a lot as she screams the same annoying sound bites over and over. This caused much swearing at the TV from me.

Controls this sloppy on a FPS would not be acceptable on the PS3 or XBOX. I don't think I would have endured it if it wasn't Goldeneye.

Oh, and the last boss, talk about a bullet sponge. I don't care what kind of vest or body armor somebody wears, no human can take that many bullets.
        Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 29, '10, 8:13 PM. Reason: typos
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎