X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Action Figure Stands

Anybody ever use the Kaiser metal stands to display figures? If so, what do you think of them? I bought some recently and other than the white color I'm really impressed.

• alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Yeah Craig, thats the ones I use, they really finish the figure of I think. I actually prefer that they are white.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

you want the stands that fit skipper or Tutti correct??

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

They are what I use.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
          you want the stands that fit skipper or Tutti correct??
          I have no idea who Skipper or Tutti are so I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I wasn't even aware of these stands until just a few days ago. I was actually considering having my own stands made but these seem to fit the bill very nicely. A friend of mine said he prefers plastic stands to metal ones but I still think the Kaiser stands are impressive.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
            I have no idea who Skipper or Tutti are so I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I wasn't even aware of these stands until just a few days ago. I was actually considering having my own stands made but these seem to fit the bill very nicely. A friend of mine said he prefers plastic stands to metal ones but I still think the Kaiser stands are impressive.
            looking at the kaiser website they have Barbie and Skipper stands...I know Skipper is shorter than Barbie....so I am guess skipper size would be the ones to get?...they have Black for Tutti (who I think is another size similar to skipper)

yeah,having a Sister,plus toy store experience...I know Skipper is the little sister of Barbie (smaller scale)

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I dunno, white figure stands just seem a bit off to me.

I prefer black ones, but then it's easily taken care of with some black spray paint.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Jerry68
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 12, 2008

I use the white ones and think they are great. I buy them 20'or 25 at a time.
                sigpic

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

I just found this website. I ordered 20 black stands, but they have white as well as pastels or pink. I am not sure what to do with pastels or pink, but I like to use the black or white stands depending on which one matches the figure best.

http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/P...oll-Stand-2099

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

That's all I use. They work great.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

I use the stands for the Japanese Saint Seiya figures:
                      Saint Seiya Myth Cloth Display Stand B

They come in packs of five, in white or black. They fit 8" figures OK, though they're best suited for the slightly smaller Seiya figures, of course.
                      The surface looks like it's a "stone" base. The support can be moved up and down, and they have an adjustable "clamp".

These are the really fancy ones, with an articulated "crane arm" and light-up base:
                      Awesome, Anime Collectibles Including saint seiya myth stand.
                      They allow for some "in flight" action...

My ideal 8" figure display stands would have a fake metal or stone base, about four inch wide, with a support arm. Also possible is a base with a "back wall" piece attached. Give that a stone or metal finish (just something generic), and you can display just about any type of figure, with the support clamp fixed in the back wall, and totally invisible when looking at the figure. Sometimes it just looks odd to see the usual support piece between a figure's legs...

I'm not a big fan of the Kaiser supports, they look a bit "Spartan"....
                      Last edited by Gorn Captain; Dec 29, '10, 8:51 AM.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Sandman9580
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 16, 2010

The Kaisers are fine as far as they go, but I've always had a couple issues with them. First of all, I don't understand why the folded metal on the support arm can't be folded on the reverse side, where you wouldn't see it. Also, to Gorn Captain's point about seeing the support piece between the figure's legs, it seems this could be mitigated by having the stem rise from the left or right of the stand, rather than the middle. Then just the C-shaped part that holds the figure's waist would extend out to the middle and hold the figure. (Think of an inverted "L".) That way, the support stem would be hidden behind one of the figure's legs. (Or, it may be possible to just redesign the C-shaped waist support, so that it extends at an angle and you could just "turn" the stand so that that part would be hidden. I wish I had one in front of me to look at, but I don't.) At any rate, if the stand could be hidden that would sort of make the issue of unsightly folded metal a moot point, but it seems like you'd want to design every element as well as you could, while you were doing it.

Also, I believe the Kaisers do come in black, which is a bit more dignified and sets off the (usually bright) color of a figure much better than the white, IMO.
                        Last edited by Sandman9580; Dec 31, '10, 5:15 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I use them. have them in both white and black. I prefer the black though as they are less noticable. I have them for the 1/6th scale too

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎