Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever thought about HOW MANY Customs you would want?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobws
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 13, 2008

Have you ever thought about HOW MANY Customs you would want?

I was going thru my DC and Marvel DK Encyclopedias looking for eye color info when i decided to start at the beginning and count how many characters i would want Mego's customs of. I went thru each letter and wrote down the number of characters and variants of them(different suits,name changes) i wouldn't mind having. I did DC and then Marvel. It was not a surprise to me when i totalled up the amounts that DC won 60/40 %. What blew my mind was seeing my total reached about 440!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There weren't even that many villians included.

But when you add up all the Teams i like and how many members they have the number grows quick. even just doing my top favorites i think i'll actually make around 200. I'm already near 50.

So here it goes to you.... How Many do you think you would make and keep?
    Last edited by bobws; Dec 24, '10, 6:57 AM. Reason: ooops
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Well, I would like to have a Custom for every Resin Head that I've bought...and haven't finished yet.
    sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

Yes. I keep a database of customs "to be completed". It must still total close to 400. Problem is I've already made about 200. LOL

One new custom per week equals 8 more years of making customs.
      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

It's funny you pose this question. I was working on a "Mego To Do" list for 2011 and figured I'd keep it simple by doing 1 custom a month... When I got to brainstorming that number quickly doubled and then tripled.

For now though I am going to do my best to only do the revised list of 15 that I would really like to have and share. It is tough though, I could also easily name about 300 other characters I'd love to see on my shelf.

Oh man, I just thought of a couple more It really never ends

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I would like to just finish the ones I have lined up.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

Oh yeah for sure, but it changes a lot depending on what's inspiring at the time.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I have a 200+ page book full of lists, notes, and pics of stuff I plan to make.

Don C.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
                I would like to just finish the ones I have lined up.
                I'll 2nd that Cat.
                sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

For the Batman 66 line I've got 50+ customs alone, not including vehicles. I also do Batman, Trek and monster customs, so I've got quite a list and quite a long way to go yet
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎