Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infinity Edition Outer Space Men: Mini review.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Infinity Edition Outer Space Men: Mini review.

I got the classic colored Infinity Edition Outer Space Men set today.

Had them on pre-order since early October. Worth the wait. Really nice quality and very retro looking. Even though they are much smaller than the original figures (SW figure size) they really do invoke the classic designs. I would have prefered Inferno's head and flames molded in translucent red like the vintage figure, but other than that I have no complaints. Metamorpho does have his face changing action feature.

The packaging is also very reminiscant of the vintage Colorforms cards. Collector friendly too. No clamshells to cut apart. The backing card just slides out.

They are well articulated but not super articulated. Which is fine with me I've never cared for ball joints on figures in this scale. Because of the scale and modular interchangable bodies, I can see these having crossover appeal with Micronauts collectors.

Major Matt Mason figures in this scale and style would rock.

Pics shortly.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

They all come with their vintage weapons and except for Astro-Nautilus an extra set of arms as well. There is quite a bit of parts reuse between them but it works and doesn't really detract.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• kinostadt
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 14, 2004

Those look great! I loved the originals, but I'm happy that they did these in the 3 3/4" scale with the Star Wars-type articulation.

Any tips on where a person could order a set?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by kinostadt
        Any tips on where a person could order a set?
        They are sold exclusively through the Four Horsemen's website

THE OUTER SPACE MEN FOUR FIGURE SET: INFINITY EDITION!!

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

More info can be found
          An Outer Space Men Archive
          or
          Outer - Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuejyWzbMGk
          Last edited by Hotfoot; Dec 19, '10, 3:11 AM.
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Would have loved these, but they're sold out.
            Why do they always make stuff in limited editions....
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hotfoot
              Dazed and Confused
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Would have loved these, but they're sold out.
              Why do they always make stuff in limited editions....
              So that they can sell out and make people want the next release just as bad!
              Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hotfoot
                So that they can sell out and make people want the next release just as bad!
                When I'm rich and famous, I'll make sure everybody gets to have the toys they want!
                You all get a talking Jar Jar Binks!!!!
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• kinostadt
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 14, 2004

Thanks for posting all the links guys. Hours of good reading there.

According to the 4Horsemen site (link provided by Werewolf above) the Infinity Edition is in stock. I ordered a set, as well as a set of the very cool Micronauts-esque Holiday edition.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by kinostadt
                    According to the 4Horsemen site (link provided by Werewolf above) the Infinity Edition is in stock.
                    Yep, only the Comic Con exclusive Alpha Wave set is sold out.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                      Career Member
                      • May 14, 2007

^^ Thanks for posting the close-up pic. Nice lookin' figures. I'm going to order me a set or 2. I wish they could've re-issued them like the originals, but these will do nicely. I have a huge micronaut collection and The Outer Space Men will fit right in.
                      Bob

Comment

• AcroRay
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
                        I have a huge micronaut collection and The Outer Space Men will fit right in.
                        Bob
                        Onell Design (of the Glyos indie toy line) did the design work on these. Onell are huge Micronaut/Microman fans, and it influences their work.

See:
                        Glyos Transmission Web Log: The Outer Space Men!
                        Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                        AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                        The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                        Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• toysrus
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 23, 2007

Do these bend at the elbows and knees? And these are in stock? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks!

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by toysrus
                            Do these bend at the elbows and knees? And these are in stock? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks!
                            Yes, they are in stock. Here's the link I posted where you can order them.

THE OUTER SPACE MEN FOUR FIGURE SET: INFINITY EDITION!!

They do not bend at the elbows and knees. The articulation is neck, shoulders, waist, hips and swivel, wrists, knees and ankles. The figures are modular and are meant to be taken apart. The heads and limbs pop off (and apart) can be interchanged with the other figures.

I will post a pic of one of the figures disassembled.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Here's Inferno taken apart. All the figures do this and you can mix and match their parts.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎