X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Dinky Space

This ad is from 1978, I find it funny that kids were playing with ships from Gerry Anderson's (IMO amazing) UFO series a good seven years after it was cancelled. Those Eagles were also more fun than should be humanly allowed.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Yes! Now those are cool!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I still remember the last Playworld outlet in Queens going out of business and in their aisle, the shelves were packed-PACKED-with Dinky Eagles on clearance. White Eagles, green Eagles, Eagles upon Eagles, vertically stacked, horizontally stacked...

I didn't think to ask my Mom to even buy one. I opted for the MEGO Star Trek Planetarium.

Some nights, I wake up in the middle of the night and shed a tear.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Awesome.
        I had the Enterprise and the Klingon cruiser as a kid. I remember the yellow discs fired out of the Enterprise with impressive speed and force!

Never had the Space 1999, UFO or Thunderbirds ones, though.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

I had all of these EXCEPT the Trek ones...damnit...one weird thing was when I was young I loved the Anderson shows and pleaded with my parents every time I saw the dinky toys. Imagine my utter disgust aged about 6 when my sister unwraps HER present and it is a bright shiney wonderful Thunderbird 2 dinky toy.....MY TOY...damn that pee's me off so much I can't even remember what I got that year....
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

I want that UFO interceptor.

Comment

• david_b
              Never had enough toys..
              • May 9, 2008

The UFO interceptor and SHADO vehicles were the best representations, I WISHED I would have seen them although I had never seen or heard of 'UFO' until Starlog did the nice article on it early on. The Trek and 1999 ships had a bit to be desired for details..

I remember seeing 'em in hobby shops but they always seemed a bit expensive, plus the AMT models were so well done (and my friends and I were wearing 'em out so much) that I personally didn't see the need to grab these.
              Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I have a fleet of small Star Trek ships, (both colored and "mock" pewter) and they all came w/ little stands. I used to have them displayed, but now they're in a bucket w/ my Matchbox cars. I don't think it was Micro Machines, but I can't remember who released these. Does anyone know?
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

Micro machines did do both Star Trek and Star Wars sets, I have both, they also had pewter/silver issues and box sets with exclusive vehicles, I remember a competition to win a solid gold micro machine also.
                  As for the dinky stuff check out product enterprise stuff if you can find it...superb replicas from UFO (Skydiver, SHADOW mobiles, Inteceptor and UFO), Space 1999 Eagles, Fireball XL5, Supercar, Captain Scarlett plus loads more...they were limited edition stuff but reasonably priced
                  Space 1999 Product Enterprise Eagle
                  Small Spaceships: Product Enterprise Space 1999 Eagle
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• wilbs518
                    Mego Collector
                    • Jul 25, 2009

These are awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

• babycyclops
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 9, 2010

Those toys were and are still awesome! I saw one of those UFO Interceptors in a second-hand shop just last week. It was all banged up, missing the plastic parts, including the canopy and missile, and overpriced.... I didn't pick it up.

Comment

• knight errant00
                        8 Inch Action Figure
                        • Nov 15, 2005

I still want one of those Space: 1999 Eagles.

Wanted one when they came out in the 70s when I was watching the show first-run, and I still kick myself for passing one up for -- get ready -- $25 at a show about 14 years ago when I first started collecting toys and had no idea what a deal I would have been getting. . . .

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎