X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

FYI Regarding Tiger Man Action Figure

Just wanted to make people aware of some issues they may encounter with the Tiger Man figure.

The first thing is the size of the necklace. The factory was told to follow exact measurements for the size but it seems as though they got a little lazy. It might appear to be too big but since it's made of string it's an easy fix. Simply cut the string to make the loop smaller and tie it back together. You should notice that necklace is a loop that's been twisted into a figure 8 design. For those of you with a little customizing experience I would suggest popping the head off and making the loops small enough so that the necklace won't slip over it once it's placed back on the body. This is how it was intended to be on the production pieces.

The second thing is it might be difficult to get him to stand on his own. The reason for this is because the boot soles were made of a flexible plastic which resulted in them being slightly curved. The factory was told from the beginning to make the soles from rigid plastic but unfortunately those directions seem to have been overlooked. I asked them to fix the problem but was told that it was too late to be fixed on this production run. I haven't tried it but I'm hoping that if the soles are heated it might be possible to bend them and make them flat enough to fix the problem.

I apologize for these issues and I tried my best to have them fixed before production started. Unfortunately these are the type of problems you have to deal with when getting things manufactured in China.

Craig
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Craig if you really don't want me to buy them you will have to tell the factory to try harder at ignoring instructions, LOL. Still buying them. This hasn't deterred me.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by johnmiic
      Craig if you really don't want me to buy them you will have to tell the factory to try harder at ignoring instructions, LOL. Still buying them. This hasn't deterred me.
      LOL

What's bad is that I'm a perfectionist and problems like this tend to drive me a little crazy.

Overall the factory has done an outstanding job on the figures but it's been quite a struggle to get to this point.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

I for one, appreciate your persistence and efforts.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for the honest heads up. STILL can't wait.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Thx for your honesty but you have to chillax. These aren't problems. What do you drink? I'm sending you a bottle for x-mas. I mean it. PM me your addy.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Chris
              Thx for your honesty but you have to chillax. These aren't problems. What do you drink? I'm sending you a bottle for x-mas. I mean it. PM me your addy.
              I've heard that a lot over the past year.

Thanks for the offer on the drink but at this point I think I'm finally starting to relax . . . I think.

Comment

• k2
                Career Member
                • Sep 12, 2007

we are happy to have the first edition: long necklace, curved boot version
                k.c.

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 9, 2008

Hey everyone forgive my Ignorance but I've been in an out of the museum in the last year. Craig, has there been an estimated release date on these yet ? Thanks I appreciate it.
                  In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• MegoSteve
                    Superman's Pal
                    • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by jasonmego1277
                    Hey everyone forgive my Ignorance but I've been in an out of the museum in the last year. Craig, has there been an estimated release date on these yet ? Thanks I appreciate it.
                    You might want to take a look at this thread here:

Buck Rogers Tiger Man Preorder List - Mego Talk

Craig got a small shipment to fill preorders this week and they've sold out. He said in the thread linked above that he's expecting the rest in mid-January.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

This wobbly-boots/too-long necklace edition will surely fetch big bucks on Ebay in the years to come. My "short saber in long tray" Luke Skywalkers made me rich beyond my wildest dreams....

No worries. This way, Buck can more easily defeat the dreaded Tiger Man. One small push...

I can understand your frustration, though. You must have sent a thousand e-mails, no doubt. I guess this is the same way Hasbro ended up with figures with "inflated" heads and such. Even the big boys cannot win from the Babylonian confusion....
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I haven't even removed my guys from their boxes! And I have no intention of doing so, either. So cosmetic problems like this will NOT be a problem for me.

And Craig, you really do need a bottle of chillax. Extra large, cherry flavored.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          I haven't even removed my guys from their boxes! And I have no intention of doing so, either. So cosmetic problems like this will NOT be a problem for me.

And Craig, you really do need a bottle of chillax. Extra large, cherry flavored.
                          thats why you buy 2 of each,so you can enjoy them both ways (MIB,LOOSE)

plus it helps the line grow...after seeing how great these are, my decision is now to purchase 2 of each.

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida

Sound like a good idea. As long as I'm in the action figure making business I'll probably need to order it by the case.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Glad I could help!

I'm looking forward to seeing Hawk when he gets here.

He's not going to be in a two pack, is he? I really would only like to get him plus a Draconian Guard, not Killer Kane.

I never liked Henry DaSilva's portrayal. Michael Ansara's was much better.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎