• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMC
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 3, 2004

Fixing rooted mego hair????

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any success in combing out rooted mego hair? I have a conan and wonder woman that i want to restore a bit.

Any ideas?

Happy Holiday!

Jason
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

If you just want to detangle, you can wash it in mild laundry detergent or dish soap. Sometimes that is enough to loosen tangles - I like to use a soft toothbrush to style Mego hair, and usually you can use that to brush it around your finger and restore the curl. If there are still tangles, you can soak it in diluted fabric softener and brush, then repeat as necessary.
    Edited to add:I don't know if that will help if the hair has heat frizz. I haven't tried it on any heads that have it, but I was under the impression that it can be permanent.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• JMC
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 3, 2004

Originally posted by del
      If you just want to detangle, you can wash it in mild laundry detergent or dish soap. Sometimes that is enough to loosen tangles - I like to use a soft toothbrush to style Mego hair, and usually you can use that to brush it around your finger and restore the curl. If there are still tangles, you can soak it in diluted fabric softener and brush, then repeat as necessary.
      Edited to add:I don't know if that will help if the hair has heat frizz. I haven't tried it on any heads that have it, but I was under the impression that it can be permanent.
      Thanks for the tip. It seems that this is good old fashioned tangles. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• RG
        Removed.
        • Oct 1, 2004

one thing that I had and found a long comb with fine teeth works on really bad spots ... but to use it lengthwise ... like a saw ... it gets through really bad tangles ... just brace the hair at the head with your fingers so you don't pull any hair out of the plugs.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎