Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your worst "character left out" of a toyline?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Who is your worst "character left out" of a toyline?

We all have our favorite toyline that comes to an end before they make that one "must have" figure that leaves you scratching your head asking why, or throwing a tantrum.

Who are some of your must-haves that never were?

Mine are:

Mattel's Clash of the Titans: Medusa- I still can't believe they never made her, especially since they could've reused most of the Flash Gordon Lizard woman mold for the torso and arms. She was one of the two titular Titans for crying out loud!

Mattel's Secret Wars: Hulk and Fantastic Four- seems like a no brainer, but instead we got Baron Zemo, Kang, Constrictor, and a bunch of other characters who weren't even IN Secret Wars? What the heck were they thinking?

Mego's Dukes of Hazzard 8": Roscoe- Boss Hogg without Roscoe is like Batman without Robin. He should have replaced the craptacular Daisy.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Mattel's Secret Wars: Hulk and Fantastic Four- seems like a no brainer, but instead we got Baron Zemo, Kang, Constrictor, and a bunch of other characters who weren't even IN Secret Wars? What the heck were they thinking?
    Oddly enough, this was just published this week:

Ottertorials The Best Kept Secret

As for me,

Super Powers: Riddler (a real one), Supergirl, Batgirl, Nightwing, Atom, Hawkgirl, the other Teen Titans, Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Bizarro, the list goes on and on.

MOTU: Sorceress and King Randor. I know they were made, but Mattel waited so long I was already grown up and out of MOTU by the time they got around to them.

BTAS: Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, a normal Bruce Wayne. I know they did Gordon for TNBA, but I wanted a BTAS version with the DQ swirl harido!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Oddly enough, this was just published this week:

Ottertorials The Best Kept Secret

As for me,

Super Powers: Riddler (a real one), Supergirl, Batgirl, Nightwing, Atom, Hawkgirl, the other Teen Titans, Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Bizarro, the list goes on and on.

MOTU: Sorceress and King Randor. I know they were made, but Mattel waited so long I was already grown up and out of MOTU by the time they got around to them.

BTAS: Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, a normal Bruce Wayne. I know they did Gordon for TNBA, but I wanted a BTAS version with the DQ swirl harido!!!

Chris
      WOW, thanks for that link! What a great article!

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

No Smokin' Joe Frazier was ever made by Mego to kick the hell out of Muhammad Ali!
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

Wow , What a great link! Another line of Indy figures, more Star Wars thins. I digress. . .

The Secret Wars article was nice. I understanding al teh cost cutting but one. The B-A-D paint. If you had a Spidey or Daredevil you know what I mean.

Okay What They shouldve made :

EMCE Star Trek: Neptunian, Talos.

Star Wars : Tarkin, Cantina Band, Removable helmet Vader, Rebel Blocade trooper.

GI Joe a Real American Hero: Quinn, Dr Venom, Scarface, a comic accurate Baroness.

Mego: Luthor, Flash, Doc Ock,

GiJoe 40th anniversary? GI Nurse repro, Japanese Repro

Dungeons and Dragons ? The kids from teh show.

SGT Rock? _instead of "The Bad Guys" there should have been German soilders and vehicles.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

With Mego it was always the Flash and Green Lantern. But you know the hero team that always seems to get the incomplete treatment more than anyone? The Fantastic Four. Now Mego finished the team, but look at Toybiz and Hasbro. Both started but never got the job done before the line folded. Toybiz did Reed and Sue and Hasbro only got Reed out on shelves (Johnny Storm was advertised but never produced). I always found it interesting that neither company understood it was a waste of time not to put them all out at once if you wanted fans to buy them. And with the Thing being such a favorite in that lot, I always found it interesting they never featured him to start.

Comment

• TrueDave
              Toy Maker
              • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
              With Mego it was always the Flash and Green Lantern. But you know the hero team that always seems to get the incomplete treatment more than anyone? The Fantastic Four. Now Mego finished the team, but look at Toybiz and Hasbro. Both started but never got the job done before the line folded. Toybiz did Reed and Sue and Hasbro only got Reed out on shelves (Johnny Storm was advertised but never produced). I always found it interesting that neither company understood it was a waste of time not to put them all out at once if you wanted fans to buy them. And with the Thing being such a favorite in that lot, I always found it interesting they never featured him to start.
              You mean in Famous Covers? Or the way they released the Action Hour Animated FF ?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by TrueDave
                You mean in Famous Covers? Or the way they released the Action Hour Animated FF ?
                Yep! Famous Covers and Signature Series. The Mego-like lines.

Comment

• megowgsh
                  Customego HoF Curator
                  • Nov 19, 2003

Star Wars: Grand Moff Tarkin

Such a major part of the movie yet no figure. Heck, he was in the film much more than Death Star Droid and Hammerhead. LOL
                  Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Tyme2tyme
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 3, 2008

Chekov and Sulu from Mego. Should have finished the bridge crew, JOHN
                    Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

Super Powers..?? Definitely more Titans and Batgirl.

Secret Wars...?? Hawkeye and the FF

Mego...?? Yes, Hawkeye, Flash and Green Lantern
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel Battlestar Galactica: Apollo, Boomer, Boxey and Athena

Mattel Flash Gordon: Dale, Prince Baron, Princess Aura and Ming's robot guards.

Transformers G1: Arcee

She-Ra: Princess Adora, Shadow Weaver and Madam Razz

Jem: Riot, Rapture and Minx

Thundercats: The Lunataks

Tron: Yori and Clu
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 24, '10, 6:31 PM.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• generic
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 25, 2009

The funny thing is the figures that were absolutely at the top of this list for me as a kid actually DID get made when I was a kid!
                          In July of 1984, GI Joe comics #25, The Dreadnoks were introduced and I wanted figures BAD! They didn't hit the shelves of my toy store until the next year. For months, I didn't know that they were going to make them as figures, but I really, really wanted them.

As an adult, most of the ones I wish were made have been mentioned by others already:

Super Powers: Riddler, Supergirl, Batgirl.
                          GI Joe: Quinn, Dr Venom.
                          Mego: Luthor, Flash, Green Lantern, Chekov and Sulu.
                          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                            Banned
                            • Oct 25, 2010

MEGO - Flash, Swamp Thing, HawkMan, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Zatanna, DareDevil, Luke Cage, The cast of the first Star Wars film, Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Steve Austin, J'onn J'onzz, Indiana Jones, Dr. Neville (Heston), Killer Croc, Astronaut Brent, Nova, Landon, Dallas, Taylor, Storm, Andre the Giant, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metaluna Mutant, Barberella, Logan 5...man, I could go on forever!

Comment

• LadyZod
                              Superman's Gal Pal
                              • Jan 27, 2007

8inch Mego Dukes of Hazzard: THE GENERAL LEE!

They made the Torino for S&H, but no General Lee for the 8inch Dukes? Blasphemy!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                              Check out my art:
                              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎