Just leave them on the shelf folks.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

I have a couple of Batman glasses, but I never drank from them
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• boynightwing
      That Carl Guy
      • Apr 24, 2002

Ohhh boy...we have a set of Empire Glasses we still drink from. And a set or two boxed away....

Comment

• MLoudin
        Possessed by Megos
        • Sep 13, 2007

Does that expalin my hair loss???

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
          Web Wobbler
          • May 12, 2007

We have several recent Disney glasses still in rotation at our house...
          Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
          Good Trader List

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

lead ... it does a body good lol

but really wouldn't you have to be like licking the paint to even pick up any of the lead. or really more like scraping the paint off with your teeth and then swallowing it?

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
              Banned
              • Oct 25, 2010

I knew it - Those damned Smurfs and E.T. glasses from GoodWill...

Lead consumption is NO joke people - My older brother drank from his Superman and NFL glasses for YEARS, and now look at him -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMj0t7sds7I

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

I drink out of a McDonaldland character glass every night! I guess is back to whatever is leaching out of my 7-11 Slurpee cups.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

I remeber the day in 1977 when I found my WHOLE MCDONALAND glass collection GONE!

Me: Mom! Where are my glasses!

Mom: I heard they are poisonous. I threw them out.

Me: ....

That blew me away. Seriously. Can't believe I still remember it so vividly (and painfully)!
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, and my son drinks from Robin and Flash moon glasses, and has for years!!!

They are going on the shelf in his room now.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
                      I remeber the day in 1977 when I found my WHOLE MCDONALAND glass collection GONE!

Me: Mom! Where are my glasses!

Mom: I heard they are poisonous. I threw them out.

Me: ....

That blew me away. Seriously. Can't believe I still remember it so vividly (and painfully)!
                      I remember this recall. Sad day. We tossed them all out. Even my friend tossed all this away except for the Empire set. Now he just has those on the shelves.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ealdrett
                        I remember this recall. Sad day. We tossed them all out. Even my friend tossed all this away except for the Empire set. Now he just has those on the shelves.
                        On the bright side, we still have our McDonaldLand dolls and SW action figs!

Even after this whole bulletin I still can't accept they are so poisonous...
                        I mean...how bad can it be?

...it's such a shame... such cool glasses to drink from.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

So like Russ asked, is the issue the paint, or the glass itself? Is just touching the paint with your hands harmful, or do you have to have the paint near your mouth?

Either way the glasses are gone, I just want to know what I've exposed my son to!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I just tossed them all. why take the chance. I mean they were free to begin with (sort of anyway) my little one was not too happy I thew out her Buzz Lightyear glass.

Comment

• RG
                              Removed.
                              • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              So like Russ asked, is the issue the paint, or the glass itself? Is just touching the paint with your hands harmful, or do you have to have the paint near your mouth?

Either way the glasses are gone, I just want to know what I've exposed my son to!!!

Chris
                              I've learned a bit about the lead issue due to my stained glass class ... since lead is use to hold the glass together ... the stuff is 60% tin and 40% lead that is used.

no issue comes from touching lead, it's if you eat it mostly, or if you touch it and then put your fingers in your mouth without watchin ... but the amount that comes off the paint isn't as high since other things keep the lead stuck in it onto the side of the glass ... I would only worry if the paint was flaking off. or if my kid liked to lick the paint on the side of the glass.

if it was such an issue the lead in the old glasses we all grew up with would have effected us and others in some way.

I know it's better to be safe than sorry, but this is just another issue that they streach to the point of just to have something to ban. Like they couldn't find enough bug parts in the candy bars so lets go after paint on glasses.

those shrek glasses had a lot of paint on them ... and I noticed the one I have in my collection likes to flake .... so I'm thinking that's where that issue started then just went overboard ... I trust my old pepsi glasses and fast food glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎