Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tristan
    • Nov 9, 2010

Wip...mattel Laboratory Eagle

Ive decided to make a MATTEL LABORATORY EAGLE. By chance I came across the perfect sized plastic containers. They will be used as the base of the custom and styrene to be cut and glued to the opening pod doors. I still have some accessories to get, but the initial work is started. Im doing measurements now. Just to let everyone know, its going to be a toy version with alot of liberties taken, but the spirit will still be respected. Ive also taken a friend, Designasaurus, suggestion on rocket lighting that he used for his BUCK ROGERS MEGO STARFIGHTER and let me tell you, its very cool. Im also tempted to use it on the underside rockets but it might be too much. The two pack of team sparkz valve lights came with 6 extra batteries. They cost about 10$ for the 2 pack. The lights are bright leds and you might get a bit of a headache but they are alot of fun. I have to tap the engine assembly every 15 seconds or more, the motion sensor isnt picking it up as easy as I would like to believe or the batteries could stand to be changed. Right now I just tap and go. I currently have the side containers painted gloss white and Im working out positioning and where I will have to start cutting. I plan to hot glue the container to the side door and then start adding the details. Im very excited about this, any suggestions would be welcome. I have to pick up the square furniture moving pads and I will add bits and pieces of stryene for detail. Im looking forward to doing the door. The extension assembly will actually go out further a bit than the landing/RCS housing units on the side. I do not have the measure or skill that most of the talented forum members here, but I do want to see it done as a cool toy. I like the fact it sticks out a bit, it makes more sense for mid flight connections. RCS thrusters will probably be LEGO bits.

Ill post pics later today.
  • Pascal
    Museum Patron
    • May 8, 2008

I expect the pics.

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

CAN'T WAIT..!!

Because of Tristan.., I may have to haul my Mattel out this weekend.

It always embarrasses my Mrs., but I just bought a Galoob Ferengi shuttle, so they'll ALL have to get some fresh air.

david_b
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Tristan
        • Nov 9, 2010

Sorry for the delay, pics will be up in a few minutes. Been a loooong day with the family. Kids are just now getting to bed. I just have to download the pics and then upload them. I included the SPEED RACER figure/new alphan astronaut for good measure as well as a light show. The Speed Alphan is just about the same size as the original crew members, cept of coarse the knee and elbow articulation as well as ball jointed shoulders. Still working on his paint job tho.
        Last edited by Tristan; Nov 19, '10, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Tristan
          • Nov 9, 2010

Check out the gallery, gnight folks.
          Last edited by Tristan; Nov 19, '10, 11:17 PM. Reason: wanted to add a photo

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎