X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Sharky's Diner -JAWS remake

Saw this today at a local store...and found it online. It retails for about $14 bucks...a complete remake od the vintage Jaws game or good for Aquaman to fight.

Don't know anything about the Ideal branding though.

Ideal - Sharky's Diner
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

We had that as kids and yes, he fought Aquaman. Not to mention all of my Fisher Price Adverture People.

I'd buy that today if I knew more about the website selling it.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Nix that....i "DID" try to buy it.

$14 is a great price, but $25 for shipping?! Suddenly forty bucks doesn't make it look so great.

Cool site tho. Thanks for sharing.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Please note I wasn't endorsing the site...I know nothing about them or their dealings. It was just the best image I found of the game online.

I'd recommend checking toy stores locally first...I actually saw this in a downtown store a "five & dime" style store that we still have in the area (the prices however are not 5&10 anymore!) The Sharky game was $13.99 in store. I saw a couple on Ebay but the shipping there is high as well. Maybe Toys R Us will carry it?

Comment

• captact
          King of Super Queens!
          • Aug 19, 2007

This is a great toy for those who own the original "Jaws" game by Ideal,...as in case you're needing or missing original parts, like fins, teeth or even the hard to find hook,..this toy makes an excellent part replacement cause the original molds are used!!!!!

Ray

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
            I stumbled across those over 10 years ago in a department store (can't recall which one. Kind of like K-mart) and I think they were like $5. Seems to me I recall them being branded MARX???
            You are correct. New Marx issued the game as Sharkie's Diner. I have the Pressman Shark Chomp version. Same game but the Shark is molded in light blue instead of grey. I think all the modern issues omit the gun piece.

All the versions of Jaws.

Jaws | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Edit

Several Amazon.com sellers sell the Ideal Sharky's Diner at issue price and have much more reasonable shipping.

Amazon.com: Ideal Sharky more

Amazon.com: Sharky Games
            Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 13, '10, 10:40 PM.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

If you're looking for one to eat Mego Aquaman, scour ebay. I got one for a couple bucks a while back. Even came with some of the junk. (The skull is currently being worn byu me OMBC shaman.)

Don C.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Sweet, I had the Jaws game back in the day.

The reissue was a simple way to bring the game to newer generations without paying to maintain the licence from Universal, I guess.
                Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 14, '10, 6:43 AM.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

Yeah, I saw this at a toy store at Rehoboth beach, DE, this summer. I thought about getting it, but then I have most of the original sans the hook and decided I didn't need to buy it just for the hook.
                  It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎