• Show
Clear All
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

Hello. Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
    Are there any head casters at home?

Seems everyone that did custom parts has kind of vanished. Is anyone left standing?
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

I don't cast heads, but I may have some lying around that could help you. Who are you looking for?
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Laurie seems to have bailed the site. Left a while but didn't cancel her account, I believe.
      Wish she would come back. But she does sell up on the bay.

Comment

• kept back
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 2, 2002

@Ronin; I'm not looking for anything specific, I'm just one of those neurotic types that likes to have a lot of options. I hadn't realized that Dave Mc was out of the game and that threw me for a major loop!

@ealdrett; Interesting about Laurie. I had noticed a lot more of her stuff on the Auction site that shall not be named.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

Maybe it isn't too healthy to be a caster. I'm don't know. People like there privacy, ya'know. Just saying.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• kept back
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 2, 2002

Yeah...kinda getting that feeling...

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I do a bunch of parts; heads, weapons, odd body parts....

Don C.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>Anybody interested in custom stuff anymore?

It seems to be cyclical: there's a small group of customisers, so you usually get one run on something and then interest fades. Although I find that I get big orders for Klingon disruptor pistols and huge boobs every few months. Never understood the connection.... but there you go.

Don C.

Comment

• TrueDave
                  Toy Maker
                  • Jan 12, 2008

Since this is the year of NeoMego maybe most folks with money are out hunting down the store toys and spending thier budget on that rather than silicone and resins.

Ive heard people say they make thier own bodies, like type 3 , I would like to know how. and if they are doing the pouring and assembling at home or is it being done in China.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                    • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by TrueDave
                    Ive heard people say they make thier own bodies, like type 3 , I would like to know how. and if they are doing the pouring and assembling at home or is it being done in China.
                    There are a few people that I know from the boards and customising groups that do or have made their own bodies. I own at leat 4 different ones and they are all sculpted, molded, cast, and laborously drilled out and assembled at home with love. NOT in china. There are also people who cast various parts, like hands, feet, variations on legs, and arms as well as female bodies. Without bulk orders it isn't cost effective to send that type of stuff to china. It's too small time.
                    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>Ive heard people say they make thier own bodies, like type 3 , I would like to know how.

I make a bunch of different ones. First, you gotta dismantle a Mego bod and cast the parts. I've made small mods on a few parts to make them easier to cast. (So.... I drill out the wrist pin holes after casting, and use wooden toothpicks for the hinges.) The best thing about the Mego body is that you can make new parts easily; it's modular, so by swapping out a torso or hand you get something new.

Making bodies wholesale is time consuming, and a lot of work: not usually worth it nowadays with all the reissues available. The only ones I make entirely from scratch are 7" female bodies; the Mego one sucked, so I have one jointed like the 8" body, but scaled down.

Don C.

Comment

• renegade
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 16, 2010

I know we tend to call Mego heads Vinyl heads, but are they made out of poured vinyl? Does anyone know what the actual material is?

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

Try Bleit1701. He casts heads and makes great suits too!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎