X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Flipside

One of my earliest "Vintage Toy Finds" as a kid was digging through the back part of "Pinnochio's Toys" around 1980, the 1970s were alive and well there, Mego Planet of the Apes play sets, Big Jim dolls, Aurora models and this oddity. At nine, I had no concept of who Flip Wilson was, his show ended when I was four and my mom just said "Oh, he was funny".

So I was sort of confused by this doll of a cross dressing man. At the time, I would have no idea the significance of this piece, one of the bigger releases from a company called Shindana.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

That was a really funny show! I have many fond memories of Thursday nights watching Flip w/ my family when I was little. I taped it when TVLand first came on. My friend had this doll and it was the coolest thing. I have one now in great shape, but sadly, it no longer talks.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Flip Wilson also had an animated special that was he and Geraldine when "they" were kids. I barely remember it, but do remember that I freaked out at the end when the Statue of Liberty came to life and winked at him.
      It's all good!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎