X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

1966 Captain Action Questions

I'm really not very familiar with this line at all but can anyone answer the following questions?
    What outfits and items are the most rare?
    Are there repro items (like gloves, boots, etc) available for this line?
    Are the originals the same size wise as the newer releases?
  • ironman1188
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 11, 2007

Hmmm, rarest? That one I'm not sure of. I know I see a lot fewer original Green Hornet, blue shirt Lone Ranger, and complete Captain Americas. However, I don't buy MIB and only look for loose, affordable uniforms/accessories.
    Yes, repro gloves and boots and even some masks are out there for Cap.
    The originals are exactly the same size as the Playing Mantis revival ofthe 90's. PM used the original body molds if I'm not mistaken. AMego sized 8" version was recently released and the Captain Action owners showed off a new 12" version at the New York Comic Con that will be available online AND at stores like Toys R Us next fall. AND they have acquired a licensing arrangement with none other than MARVEL to bring a 1st wave of outfits for Spiderman, Captain America, Thor and Iron Man.
    Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
      I'm really not very familiar with this line at all but can anyone answer the following questions?
      What outfits and items are the most rare?
      Action Boy outfits for Superboy, Aqualad, and Robin...Robin and Superboy probably being the most difficult. Most common problem with the original parts are Melt marks and just plain old melting of the guns if they have never been taken out of the holsters. Of the big guys...Spiderman and the Green Hornet is probably the hardest to complete.

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
      Are there repro items (like gloves, boots, etc) available for this line?
      Are the originals the same size wise as the newer releases?
      The newer released figures from Playing Mantis seem to fit the old clothing a little bit snug/tight. But they are a lot cheaper than trying to find an original Captain Action figure that is complete. There are repros out there...but I've never really bought them so I can't tell you if they are any good. I think Classic Plastic made some repros and made a lot of customs stuff for the CA Line. Hope that helps Tim.

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

Buck Rodgers,Green hornet , spiderman or the rarest
        All super boys outfits are rare, and the second issue of Action boy
        Aquamen spear is always found broken, as is superboy lab and helmet, Phantom brass knuckles almost impossible to find loose
        The accessories packs are Tough as is the Car/and Garage combo
        the quick change chamber with batman outfit is all so rare
        because they used a cheaper plastic with a lot of REGRIND ,and Highly reactive vinyl , melting and breakage can found everywhere.

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Yeap! What Blue Meanie up there said! The really rare (scarce) items are the Action Boy suits and the Captain Action Spiderman and Green Hornet costumes. They fetch big bucks out there!

Regarding repro accessories (gloves, boots, belts and others) Wes McCue is the man. He used to have a website but doesn't seem to be working anymore... You may send him a message at Classicplastick@aol.com There is also Rauty's Toy Shop. You will find really neat costumes there. Both are members from the Captainaction@yahoo groups where really cool fellows (almost as cool as those in here) enjoy the Captain Action hype. You may want to try that forum too.

I hope my pal Ray hops into this thread as he is a master (sensei, jedi, black belt, avatar, etc.) in CA stuff...

Ah! And as Tim mentioned, The Captain Action Enterprises folks just snab the license to re-release the 12 inch CA and Dr. Evil figures plus Marvel Hero costumes. This was announced at the NYCC.

Comment

• david_b
            Never had enough toys..
            • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by Boywonder0
            Regarding repro accessories (gloves, boots, belts and others) Wes McCue is the man. He used to have a website but doesn't seem to be working anymore... You may send him a message at Classicplastick@aol.com There is also Rauty's Toy Shop. You will find really neat costumes there. Both are members from the Captainaction@yahoo groups where really cool fellows (almost as cool as those in here) enjoy the Captain Action hype. You may want to try that forum too.
            Yep, Wes was/is the KING of great C/A custom items.. He made a SUPER Robin cape for me, and his Spiderman gloves are the coolest you've ever seen.

You really can't imagine displaying the classic figures (Batman, Aquaman, Captain America, Spiderman, etc..) without Wes's gloves..

They're PERFECT.

As for the original line, the Action Boy stuff was always my favorite..!!

david_b
            Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by david_b
              He made a SUPER Robin cape for me,

david_b
              Yup! Got that cape from him too. Its by all means a clone from the original. Have you seen his recent repro for Robin booties?

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks a ton fellas! That's some great info! I appreciate the quick replies!

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

The PM figures were a tad shorter. They will still fit in the suits, but they are not 'exact' dupes. Also, the pelvis (especially on Kid Action) is made of pvc rather than hard plastic and tends to stretch out a bit where it meets the torso, thus making the figures shrink down a bit. Most of my KA figures are about 1/4 of an inch shorter than their Action Boy counterpart.

Comment

• Texastoyz
                    • Jul 14, 2010

Didn't ClassicPlastick have like a store area on the website? It seems to have disappeared. I just get on the forum. So we just email him then if we want something?

Comment

• Texastoyz
                      • Jul 14, 2010

I take it Rauty's CA stuff doesn't include the mask correct?

Comment

• ironman1188
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 11, 2007

Originally posted by rche
                        The PM figures were a tad shorter. They will still fit in the suits, but they are not 'exact' dupes. Also, the pelvis (especially on Kid Action) is made of pvc rather than hard plastic and tends to stretch out a bit where it meets the torso, thus making the figures shrink down a bit. Most of my KA figures are about 1/4 of an inch shorter than their Action Boy counterpart.
                        When I said exact, I didn't mean they used the same materials to make them, just that they used the original molds, thus making them exactly the same as the classic releases.

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by ironman1188
                          When I said exact, I didn't mean they used the same materials to make them, just that they used the original molds, thus making them exactly the same as the classic releases.
                          hiya ironman,
                          I wasn't really commenting on the materials matching. Moreso on the effect the stretchy pelvis has on the height of the figure.

Comment

• ironman1188
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 11, 2007

Its all good.
                            I am really looking forward to seeing what this "new" body will be like for Cap's return to 12" next year.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎