X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

LJN Dune Figures

Finally picked up my first Dune figure: Feyd-Rautha. Also, happens to be my favorite character.

I will kill him!

I saw this movie when it first came out, long before I read Herbert's novel. I was handed a two page glossary of Dune terminology as I entered the theater.

I'm a huge Lynch fan and still consider his version a masterpiece.

Anyway, I couldn't find any threads on these figures. Anyone else collect them?
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

The sandworm is one of my all time favorite 'what the....' toys. I recall staring at an endcap full of sandworms as a kid and wondering how I could write them into my Star Wars collecting world. Sadly, it never happened. At least not until much later.

I am still on the hunt for a spice scout and a warrior figure.

good stuff.

btw: if you happen to pick up a spare Paul figure and then put a playmates Picard head on him - you have yourself an instant custom Gurney Halleck. Would probably work with a Stilgar figure as well. I think Gurney suits up in the Dune movie - it has been a while since I have seen it tho, and I am not too sure about that. Paul definitely suits up, so you would have a place for the Paul head to go with a spare Stilgar, and BANG you would have two customs for the Dune line. yes!

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by rche
      btw: if you happen to pick up a spare Paul figure and then put a playmates Picard head on him - you have yourself an instant custom Gurney Halleck. Would probably work with a Stilgar figure as well. I think Gurney suits up in the Dune movie - it has been a while since I have seen it tho, and I am not too sure about that. Paul definitely suits up, so you would have a place for the Paul head to go with a spare Stilgar, and BANG you would have two customs for the Dune line. yes!
      Great idea. Thanks. And yes, Gurney does don a stillsuit in the movie.

Comment

• ribefex
        Museum Patron
        • Dec 19, 2008

Congratulations. Wonderful figure to begin this very nice collection.
        I´m a huge fan of this movie and the toys. They were never distributed here in Spain. I travelled to London few times in the final 80´s, and I was very lucky to buy most of them at Hamleys big toystore. Around fifteen years later I finished the collection through ebay.
        I made few DUNE LJN look-like customs of an imaginary 2nd assortment. You can see them at
        DUNE LJN customs - a set on Flickr

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Cool!
          I always liked this line, but never collected them back in the day. Hardly saw any in the stores, IIRC.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

I Love this line. I'm a huge fan of the movie. When I was younger, their was a discount store near me called Pik N Save. They had so much DUNE stuff on sale it was crazy. One of these days I'll get started on this line. Congrats on getting Feyd.
            Sammy

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Great movie (I'm a Lynch fan too) and a great toy line. So far I only have a couple loose figures and a boxed Spice Scout (which I unfortunately have no place to display right now, it's a pretty big box). I'd like to complete the line someday.

I remember seeing Sandworms on clearance well into the 1990's. I love that they made him "Top Secret" on the back of the figure packaging. Why? It's a big worm, what do you think it's gonna look like?
              Last edited by cjefferys; Nov 2, '10, 8:22 PM.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

^^ chris; what did you give for your spice scout, if you don't mind me asking
                Last edited by rche; Nov 3, '10, 1:16 AM.

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by ribefex
                  I made few DUNE LJN look-like customs of an imaginary 2nd assortment. You can see them at
                  DUNE LJN customs - a set on Flickr
                  That Third Stage Navigator is just amazing. As Mr. Herbert might have put it, "You have talent within talent."

Comment

• ribefex
                    Museum Patron
                    • Dec 19, 2008

Thanks a lot, J.B.
                    What a spectacular LJN toy this character could has been, right? In vinyl, with some little painting, like the nice sandworm they made.
                    Few years ago I was trying to made also the Navigator gas tank, but my skills doesn´t include to make geometric pieces, and I finally desisted.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by rche
                      ^^ chris; what did you give for your spice scout, if you don't mind me asking
                      Actually I thought I kind of stole it. Opening bid was $9.99 and I was the only bidder. It was unused and the box is pretty nice. Shipping was $15 because the box is so big, so I have $25 total into it, which I thought was pretty good.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                        Actually I thought I kind of stole it. Opening bid was $9.99 and I was the only bidder. It was unused and the box is pretty nice. Shipping was $15 because the box is so big, so I have $25 total into it, which I thought was pretty good.
                        WOW!

I was looking at one for around 50. Now I have a new goal.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I never had any of this line but my little brother did....he had the sand worm too, i think I snagged some of the weapons when I last went through my parents attic. will have to go back and see if I can find the figures or the worm

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Didn't this line have another series planned that were never produced?
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Not so much a second series, but Lady Jessica and Gurney figures made it to the prototype stage and were shown in the LJN retailer catalog along with the others, as was the Harkonnen Thopter, but never made it to production.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎