X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Classic style Dracula bendy at Dollar General

Dollar General has a very old school looking Dracula bendy for a $1 right now. I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't use a really old mold, because the Dracula looks like Bela Lugosi ran over with a steamroller.

It's one of those large bendies that's about 9" tall.

I know this post is worthless without pics, but I kept forgetting to post about this, and wanted to motivate myself to get some pics of him later.

Most definitely worth a buck to anyone who is a classic horror fan.

Chris
    sigpic
  • Mr.Krusher
    Banned
    • Oct 25, 2010

Thank you sir, we frequent that store as well as that similar discount store, 'Family Value' or something??

I'll have to grab a few, some for myself and some for some interested folks here.

Dollar General is about the closest thing (that and Big Lots) to WoolWorth and Newberrys remaining today. Man, I miss those discount stores.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Thanks for the info! Sounds really cool. Please post a pic when you get a chance.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
        Banned
        • Oct 25, 2010

Here he is:

He is in fact a mold re-use. I remember having the SAME bendie but with slightly different colors and a sloppier paint job. I had a Werewolf that I had always assumed was from the same 'set' - he was in a 'goofy' style with his tongue flapping out and crazy eyes. I got mine when I was 5-10 years old, so that would have been late 70s early 80s.
        VERY cool find Chris! Thanks! We will be buying a pile of these so if anyone is in need -

My wife just taught me how to 'click' on a picture from a web page or other source and place it into our 'PhotoBucket' - VERY cool!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^ Yep, that's him! Thanks for saving me the trouble. I just KNEW he had to be a reuse of an old mold.

The packaging is even very old-school looking.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
            Here he is:

He is in fact a mold re-use. I remember having the SAME bendie but with slightly different colors and a sloppier paint job.
            Way cool! Thanks for posting the pic.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
              Banned
              • Oct 25, 2010

We are going to raid the Dollar Generals either Monday or Tuesday, so to those that would care for one of these bendies, just let me know in THIS thread.

I will of course offer them at cost, though PayPal (and shipping) for a one dollar item is a bit ridiculous. I'd always be willing to swap for Mego stuff.

Either way though, let me know -

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

OH that is so cute! Any chance you could pick up two for me?

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Last time I was on a toy buying run in Buffalo, I stopped by a Dollar Tree and picked up a handful of Universal Monster finger puppets like Frankenstein, Dracula et al with classic movie poster packaging, and they even had King Kong.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                    Banned
                    • Oct 25, 2010

Sure thing, I can provide them for everyone. When we make the rounds today or tomorrow, we will grab a dozen or twenty of them.

Samurainoir - Indeed sir. Those stores are the BEST for those things, they have rubber/jiggler monsters at the ones around here right now - and they are different each year.
                    (There are roughly 6 Dollar Tree stores near me.)

Place your orders for the Dracula Bendy here -

SlipperyLilSuckers (I had asked you what your 'name' meant a while back, you never replied -?? ) I have you down for two.

Werewolf and Samurainoir - Did you need any?

I'll try and grab some random rubber monsters as well. I know that the DT stores had some little 'Universal Monsters' knock-offs on little header cards, even Godzilla.
                    I saw them just two weeks ago.

Take care -

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎