X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

A Monster Squad Gallery Update

It's been over a year since I unveiled the web page to my obsession with collecting things related to the 1976 Saturday morning series "The Monster Squad" and I'm happy to report that I have some new additions, a couple of which I had no idea existed until I found them:

Finally unearthed a pair of the Collegeville costumes, I'm convinced that Frank was never offered by Collegeville, I'm not sure as to the why.

This is the "adult" version of Dracula, it comes with a cloak and not a smock like Bruce, so I guess I'm still on the hunt for that. Dracula has some honey mustard on his chin..

The boxes are generic but at least mention Monster Squad.

This little version of Frank is from a toy line called "Chained Monsters" and are not officially licensed but why else would Franky have a monster band radio belt? If anybody has the Dracula and Wolfman from this series for sale, do drop a line...

Here's one I didn't know about, Rand McNally did a Monster Squad colouring book! Lost my marbles when I saw this on ebay but nobody else even bid. I'll be going into greater detail on this opus very shortly.

Visit the Monster Squad Merchandise Gallery
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Excellent additions to your collection, that Wolfman suit is pretty cool, Dracula is a bit plain
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Hey congrats on the additions. I had no idea this show existed until you told us about it, but I'm still planning on eventually getting the DVD. I think my kids will love it. They love the Groovie Goolies, and 60s Batman, so what's not to love?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• wilbs518
        Mego Collector
        • Jul 25, 2009

Congrats!
        sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
          Live Long and Prosper
          • Mar 23, 2008

I'm loving that Wolfman costume. Awesome Gallery.
          Sammy

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

Good stuff. Really like that little Franky figure!

Comment

• generic
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 25, 2009

I love Monster Squad, but I didn't know it was out on DVD until I visited your page. How's the quality? I'm going to ask Santa to bring me one of those for Christmas!!!

By the way, do you have a list of Monster Squad items that you know made it into production? Don't worry, I won't be bidding against you on ebay. I think all I can afford is maybe the board game! But hey, it would totally be worth it just for the box art!

I love the custom Bruce, by the way!
              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎