• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Colouring Book Theatre: Jaws 2

Jaws 2" by Golden (1978)

If there ever was a horror film phenom in the 1970s, it was the original Jaws, a movie that made a generation scared of going out in the water.

I did not see the film when it first came out but reputation alone carried it to the schoolyard. While merchandise for the original Jaws was light when it came to the sequel, there were sharks everywhere, inlcuding trading cards, comic books and this colouring book.

The book itself is thicker than normal and I assumed you would run out of blue crayons very early in the day if you set out on this one.

If you want to experience the terror, check it out after the jump:

80% of the book is drawings of either people swimming or the Shark, the Shark looks menacing but is never seen eating anything or anybody which isn't surprising really. It's page after page of the Shark doing this.

Yep, it's a non stop action ride for a while but believe it not, the book tries to tell the story of Jaws 2 with out using any of the carnage.

We now return to Jim Henson's Roy Scheider Babies..

The climatic end to Jaws 2 has never looked more thrilling!

We're safe but for how long?

I just realized that I only showed the Shark once, sorry about that.

Previously reviewed Colouring Books
    If you have a colouring book you'd like to guest review, I'd like to hear from you!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

I was a big fan of colouring books as a kid, don't think my parents would've bought me this one tho. But to me it looks great
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, Chief Brody (or is that his deputy?) looks 12! I guess it would be hard to tell the story of Jaws 2 so it would be age appropriate for the coloring book set. And I doubt my mom would have bought it for me, either.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍