X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mefiboschet
    Career Member
    • Nov 29, 2003

ZICA Classic Battlestar Galactica ?

I know alot of suggestions for new possible Zica lines have already been made and this one has been brought up before.
    BUT with the fantastic pictures of the upcoming ZICA Buck Rogers line, for me a Classic Battlestar Galactica line by ZICA would be the next logical step.
    I have been dreaming of mego-scale BSG action figures to go along with my other Megos.
    And ZICA definitely has the kind of quality to produce ssuch a retro line in a way, that would appeal to collectors.
    I'm sure, there would be enough interest! Anybody agreeing?
    Last edited by Mefiboschet; Oct 26, '10, 1:26 AM.
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I definitely agree with you. Classic BSG in 8" format is a dream of mine. A BIG dream!

Let's wait and see how the Buck Rogers line does first, before we start piling the requests on Craig's head.

From what I've seen of the headsculpts for BR, if he does get the license for BSG, they would be INCREDIBLE!

Hint, hint Craig!

*g*

Just kidding.
    JediJaida

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

As a fan of classic sci-fi, I would agree with you.

However, the "problem" with a BSG line would be: there isn't a lot of figures to make in the first place, all of the colonials wear basically the same uniform, and the Cylons don't lend themselves well to outfits.

And what do you do about Boxy and Muffitt? They are two of the more unique options for figures. But they would require custom tooling, and I doubt they would be big sellers.

Not trying to discourage this line from happening. Just kind of thinking aloud here...

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

i'm hoping it happens!!

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

Classic BSG from Zica would be fantastic!! I'm sure Craig and his crew will find a way to do the Cylons justice, although if they "conveniently" forgot about the daggit and the kid, I could live with that!!!

Adama could come with removable beard action for those who like Galactica 80!!??
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

Just because the pilots all wear the same outfit makes it easier to produce. just male and female versions of it. and blue bridge outfits. save the kid and daggitt for last, throw in the doctors,balter,lucifer,count iblis,comnder cain,serena, 3 other female pilotsand you can have about 24 characters i would buy!
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Mefiboschet
              Career Member
              • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by bobws
              Just because the pilots all wear the same outfit makes it easier to produce. just male and female versions of it. and blue bridge outfits. save the kid and daggitt for last, throw in the doctors,balter,lucifer,count iblis,comnder cain,serena, 3 other female pilotsand you can have about 24 characters i would buy!
              That's right! Having several characters with the same outfit wouldn't put me off at all. And Boxey and a Daggit don't have to be in the first or second wave. Go with the man characters first.

And talking of different characters with the sameoutfit, as for the ZICA Buck Rugers line, I wouldn't mind having different headsculpts for Draconian warriors (like an afro-American one). One could use at least two of these guys. Same for starfighter pilots.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                Career Member
                • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by JediJaida
                I definitely agree with you. Classic BSG in 8" format is a dream of mine. A BIG dream!

Let's wait and see how the Buck Rogers line does first, before we start piling the requests on Craig's head.

From what I've seen of the headsculpts for BR, if he does get the license for BSG, they would be INCREDIBLE!

Hint, hint Craig!

*g*

Just kidding.
                I have no doubt at all, that the Buck Rogers line will be a success. ZICA is setting a complete new standard for detail and quality in the 8" realm!
                Taking into consideration, how long such a project takes starting from aquiring rights, first concepts to final production, it might be good to think about BSG now to have it available in a couple of years!

Comment

• Astronut
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 21, 2010

I can see this assortment, definitely. A few cadets, Lorne Greene, a cylon, the "over-acting" black suited bad guy (forgot his name), and that sparkle-headed emperor guy. You could easily get 8 figures out of this line and it would look well-rounded IMO.

Comment

• Astronut
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 21, 2010

Oh — his name was Baltor!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I'm putting my bid in right now for Zac, Apollo's brother, as played by Rick Springfield!
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

^^^ Nice. Then make a custom "Human Touch" Rick Springfield. Or a "Jessie's Girl".

PS: not being facetious since I know many a women that are still huge RS fans and would love a doll of him.
                        Last edited by SeattleEd; Oct 21, '10, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

omg lol

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by ealdrett
                            ^^^ Nice. Then make a custom "Human Touch" Rick Springfield. Or a "Jessie's Girl".

PS: not being facetious since I know many a women that are still huge RS fans and would love a doll of him.
                            Check your PMs.
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• bobws
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 13, 2008

He got blown up too early to make a figure of him.
                              Just kidding, if there is demand he could be made.
                              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎