X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

the last good issue of x-men?

ok i want to know what was the last great x-men issue In my opion the last great issue was uncanny x-men 144 and any issue after uncanny 175 is really unreadable and other then x-men the hidden years and phoenix-end song none of the x titles are worth the time of day
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Days Of Future Past X-Men 141 - 142. After that it's ALL CRAP. I LOVE Dave Cockrum, but I can't stand the Brood Saga.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I currently read Astonishing X-Men (although I'm getting tired of the third arc) and prior to that the last X-Men I read on a regular basis was Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men. I haven't picked up an issue of Uncanny or X-Men in years. Got tired of the many sub-plots being unanswered and unaddressed over the course of 20 years. Too many mutants and too many teams. At one time the X-Men were the underdogs of the Marvel Universe...now they are the freakin' Marvel Universe!
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

The Claremont/Cockrum*/Byrne issues were some of the earliest I remember reading and are still the best of the series.

*1st time around.

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

I haven't read any since Art Adams penciled some in 1986. I do have some annuals with FF crossovers where Franklin is grown up.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 10, 2006

toyroom i think you nailed it on the head with to many mutants and to many teams and may i add to many titles guess that was why i liked the hidden years so much it was a striped down team even end song it only had a hand full of mutants and most were only the important ones wolvie/cly/beast/storm /nightcrawer

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
              Days Of Future Past X-Men 141 - 142. After that it's ALL CRAP. I LOVE Dave Cockrum, but I can't stand the Brood Saga.
              Yes Sir after those issue it has all been poop.....this is before all the freakin Mutant teams and before Wolverine got overexposed

Notice how the stories they adapt for Tv and the movies come from the New X-men stories from this time.....I liked it when there was only ONE X-men book.....

Comment

• MegoMonk
                Career Member
                • Jan 22, 2007

I started reading comics around 77. I think my first X-Men issue was 102. After about 10 years they went down hill. I stopped reading the X books by 1991. A few years ago, I bought a few boxes of 2nd hand comics from 2001 to 2003. The X-men from that time were awful. They had this dopey soap opera story where Havok had been in a coma and fell in love with his nurse. So, Polaris turned evil and tried to kill the nurse, and had to fight the X-Men. Who writes this stuff? Yecchh.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Currently reading the arc of "Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar Empire" in Uncanny X-men & Loving it. Love Warpath & Marvel Girl 2... Rachel. Great Story, filled with X-men, Gladiator, the Shi'ar & the Star Jammers. Ohh,.. & the 3rd Summers Brother.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

The Shi'ar Empire and the Starjammers are okay but I really only like them in the X-Men world when done by Cockrum or Byrne and the threat is Phoenix (i.e. the old stuff). I really don't think the X-Men should be mucking around in space operas on a regular basis. They should be fighting the mutant persecution that still exists in this country.

Comment

• aquatroy
                      Permanent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2002

Still digging Astonishing!
                      Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

X-men is today is just rehashed old stuff made new...

I think when people have been reading X-Men as much as we have. The stories and the characters get old and there isn't really nothing writers can do to make the book interesting that we haven't already seen.
                        I tried to hang on but it seemed like after the movie came out, they tried to turn the characters into black leather garbed versions similar to the movie. Though they did change it back to the spandex costumes, I was too far gone to go back. I tried picking up a few issues of Astonishing X-Men but it didn't catch me like it did some people.
                        Maybe I am getting old but I don't see any point of collecting X-Men anymore. They are no longer on my reading list.
                        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                          Stays Crunchy in Milk
                          • Aug 2, 2004

I didn't read X-men as a kid, and could never get into X-men after that. I tried to jump into it many times, but just always found myself in the middle of years of drama that I was never a part of... Unitl, I read Astonishing X-men. Great read. Wheden's about done. I think X-fans should at least read the first trade.
                          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

Just not a Fan of Astonishing X-men,.. I'll take Uncanny, & Regular X-men anyday.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Astonishing's 1st 2 arcs were good...not so much the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎