The Top 10 Greatest Jumbo Machinders/Shogun Warriors

Topless Robot - The 10 Greatest Jumbo Machinders/Shogun Warriors
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Orion
    Museum Night Watchman
    • Mar 11, 2008

Very cool. Only had the U.S. Godzilla and Rodan as a kid. Never knew about the Japanese Version of the Godzilla. The face does look different on that one and more accurate than the one we got here.

Comment

• highquality
      #1 Super Guy
      • Jun 10, 2003

I love the Popy Godzilla so very very much. The Mattel version was cool for sentimental reasons, but we really got ripped.
      WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• wilbs518
        Mego Collector
        • Jul 25, 2009

Very cool article, Brian.
        sigpic

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
          • Oct 8, 2007

I've got My original Mazinga and Godzilla - complete in great shape, and I've since replaced my Dragun, and Raydeen. Still need Gaiking. I'd get Rodan if I got a found a goog deal on him.

Much love for the Shoguns however I am partial to the American released ones.
          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• mazinz
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 2, 2007

Love the Shoguns. A grail of mine is that Popy Godzilla. He was just on ebay this past week, but was missing the right fist and the left hand was cracked. He still went for over 200.00$

I found out about it's existence from watching that old (then new) HBO special Pee Wee Herman's playhouse, as Pee Wee had him sitting on a shelf on the stage set (I also think a giant size red king was next to him)
            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Nice article, it's nice to see these guys get some more love, they are among my very favourite toy lines. I really want the Kamen Rider V3, but am having a hard time finding a nice condition one that isn't too expensive, even in Japan. And I don't get that because he had one of the highest production numbers, he shouldn't exactly be rare (although I can understand things like his scarf going missing).

Originally posted by mazinz
              Love the Shoguns. A grail of mine is that Popy Godzilla. He was just on ebay this past week, but was missing the right fist and the left hand was cracked. He still went for over 200.00$
              There was one missing his fist about a month ago on ebay that didn't even break $150. I forgot to bid, and am really kicking myself.

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by cjefferys
                Nice article, it's nice to see these guys get some more love, they are among my very favourite toy lines. I really want the Kamen Rider V3, but am having a hard time finding a nice condition one that isn't too expensive, even in Japan. And I don't get that because he had one of the highest production numbers, he shouldn't exactly be rare (although I can understand things like his scarf going missing).

There was one missing his fist about a month ago on ebay that didn't even break $150. I forgot to bid, and am really kicking myself.
                wonder if it was the same one re-listed? He had a base value of $140 (or 149) he shot over 200 in the last 5 seconds. I also wonder if the mattel hand would fit the popy version
                Last edited by mazinz; Oct 14, '10, 4:05 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Looking forward to the Boba Fett machinder.
                  Would be ideal to find a minty Rodan.

Loved the packaging of these guys back in the day. Seeing the boxes stacked up on shelves at TRU was a site to behold.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by mazinz
                    wonder if it was the same one re-listed? He had a base value of $140 (or 149) he shot over 200 in the last 5 seconds. I also wonder if the mattel hand would fit the popy version
                    It's possible, I missed the most recent one. I still have the first auction saved, I'll see if it's the same. I was wondering if the Mattel hand fit too. The hand itself looks very similar, but I've never seen a picture of the "pin" on the Popy fist to see if it's the same. Most Jumbo missiles are compatible with the Mattel versions, so it's possible that the fists could be compatible too.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                      • Jan 22, 2008

This is also worth a look at. You'll be impressed.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VH6NMKl13o

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

yeah.... big, plastic, missile shooting robots; and some giant monsters

.... yeah....

Comment

• vulcan2074
                          Live Long and Prosper
                          • Mar 23, 2008

That's a super sweet top 10 list.
                          Sammy

Comment

• toysrus
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 23, 2007

Great stuff! Too bad they never made a " Mecha Kong " Shogun.

Comment

• mazinz
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by stretchandro
                              This is also worth a look at. You'll be impressed.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VH6NMKl13o
                              HOLY CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎