X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

BRATZ horses

I have seen the BRATZ horses advertised in the flier for a local store and I was wondering if anyone out there has seen these in real (or if you own any)?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to know if the saddle and bridle might fit the MEGO horses?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I've looked at them, and they should be close to Mego size. The only bad part is the goofy Bratz style eyes.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      I've looked at them, and they should be close to Mego size. The only bad part is the goofy Bratz style eyes.
      The thing about the eyes doesn't bother me, I'm not after the BRATZ horses... I'm really only concerned about the saddle and bridle fitting the Action Stallion....

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

I bought that one for $1 at the Dollar store, it's slight small to fit 8" T-2 Ape figure. I think 7" T-1 might fits good but I dunno for sure, I'll finding out later.
        Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Dave Mc
          Administrator
          • Oct 20, 2002

I think they come in different sizes, don't they? Some are in scale, and some are not if I understand it right.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

The Bratz ones? They all look the same to me.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Merlyn1976
              Fist of Khonshu
              • Mar 29, 2005

Buk makes a killer repro saddle...

Last edited by Merlyn1976; Oct 15, '07, 6:29 PM. Reason: Add a pic...
              "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• AAAAA
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 28, 2005

I have Flock horses in mego scale, That are fairly Cheap, I was Going Purchased a pallet shippement, But few collectors would commit to Buying one for 10. saddles are nice but the stirrups are to short.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Dollar General has some cheapo looking flocked horses, too.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
                    Buk makes a killer repro saddle...
                    Does he make a bridle to go along with the saddle?

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Can you tell me what height is a good size for a mego? I want to outfit my gorilla soldier with one. And what kind of cost am I going to look at if I find a cheapo one at the dollar store?

Thanks.
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
                        Can you tell me what height is a good size for a mego? I want to outfit my gorilla soldier with one. And what kind of cost am I going to look at if I find a cheapo one at the dollar store?

Thanks.
                        MEGO did make an "Action Stallion" for the APES line, but he's probably gonna run a bit more than you'll want to spend if you're looking for a "cheapo" horse...

Most BREYER horses are in the right scale, and these can be quite expensive new at the store, plus add on more to the price if you want to buy tack for it (You'd be better off making your own.) But, used ones can be found at reasonable prices at garage sales, antique mall booths, and sometimes eBay.

Some off the cheap ones at Dollar Stores are in the right scale too, but some are too small... You can get cheap ones at TOY R US. (These are usually flocked, come with tack, and are usually brown, black, or white in color.)

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎