X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

ZICA Toys New York Comic Con Q&A

Finally got back from the New York Comic Con. The show was a lot of fun and it was a pleasure to meet some fellow MEGO Museum members in person.

The reaction to the figures was fantastic and I was a little surprised at how many younger people were impressed with them. Unfortunately the ship didn't make it because of tooling problems that occurred about a week before it was due to be finished. If I had brought it to the show it would have been a day late and unpainted so I didn't see the point in doing that. Once it's completed and fully painted I'll be sure to post several images with it sitting in the hangar bay diorama.

I'll be answering the other threads but I wanted to start this one so I can deal with questions concerning everything that was seen or mentioned at the New York Comic Con. I can pretty much reveal all the details now, or at least the ones that I know, so here's a few for starters.

Buck Rogers:
    All of the figures shown at the show were factory produced prototypes. Modifications and tweaks are still needed on all of them but Buck and Tigerman are still expected to be available in early to mid December. The retail price will be $30.00.

Adam West:
    The figure shown at the show was a hand made prototype with a resin head. More than one version of the figure will done and it's based on a comic book by Bluewater Productions. No release date has been set but I'm hoping to have at least one version ready around May of 2011.

Logan's Run:
    There was no prototype shown at the show because it's still pretty early in development but the figure is based on another comic book property being done by Bluewater Productions. Currently the only figure planned is Logan but if the line does well there will definitely be more. I'm hoping for a 2011 release.

The Midnightmen:
    These are replacing the figures that I had originally planned to do in 3.75" scale. The prototypes are still early in development but I'm hoping for a 2011 release.

ZICA Female Body:
    Still in development and hopefully I'll have some WIP shots to show within the next month or two.

That's all I can think of for now but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be happy to answer what I can.

Craig
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

WHEEEEEEE! New stuff!
    JediJaida

Comment

• jquest
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Cool Lot's of stuff to look forward too!! Thanks!!

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Very exciting news, Craig! Everything we've seen so far looks amazing!

Comment

• spamn
          Minty and All-Original!
          • Mar 28, 2002

Logans run, eh? Great news! I hope you can at least make versions of the same characters of the prototype megos.

Sad that the 2nd sf property isn't original Battlestar Galactica. Would love to see that get full Zica treatment in the future.

But Adam west is a great surprise!

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by spamn
            Logans run, eh? Great news! I hope you can at least make versions of the same characters of the prototype megos.
            I'm doing the version found in the Bluewater Productions comic book: Logan's Run

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Some great properties there!

Adam West will be the customizer's field day for sure.

Bluewater certainly has some titles that would be perfect for the Mego-treatment.

Folks 'round these parts would go gaga for this one in particular...

Particularly if you can play that fine line of evoking the Clash of the Titans movie likenesses.

I'm not sure how Twiki will be handled, but if you are making a child/little person sized body, my pick is this guy...

particularly paired with the space princess for L4: In Space.

The Lep is the one major contemporary horror figure to not make it to action figure form after the cancellation of SOTA's Now Playing series.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• spamn
                Minty and All-Original!
                • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
                I'm doing the version found in the Bluewater Productions comic book: Logan's Run
                Well it's a good thing I know how to read since you made that clear in the original announcement...

Any Logan's Run will be awesome, though.

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZICA

Adam West:
                  The figure shown at the show was a hand made prototype with a resin head. More than one version of the figure will done and it's based on a comic book by Bluewater Productions. No release date has been set but I'm hoping to have at least one version ready around May of 2011.
                  I'm getting them all
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Logan's Run?! Seriously?

I am SO stoked about that.

I loved Michael York's portrayal of Logan, but I couldn't stand Gregory what's his name.

I foresee spending a lot of money on you Craig!
                    JediJaida

Comment

• kennermike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                      Logan's Run?! Seriously?

I loved Michael York's portrayal of Logan, but I couldn't stand Gregory what's his name.

Im reverse I like Gregory Harrison portrayal over York's.I like the mego never produced version of Harrison thats the way to go
                      Last edited by kennermike; Oct 11, '10, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Meh. To each his own.

Gregory Harrison is a good actor, but he just didn't have the 'oomph' to play Logan.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• renegade
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2010

I know you said that the Logan's run figure will be from that comic company, but does that mean the head will be a generic Logan?

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            Logan's Run?! Seriously?

Just keep in mind that it's the comic book version of Logan's Run and not the film or TV versions. This Logan will have body armor and a helmet.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by renegade
                              I know you said that the Logan's run figure will be from that comic company, but does that mean the head will be a generic Logan?
                              The head sculpt doesn't look like any of the actors who have played the character so yes, it will pretty much be a generic Logan.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎