X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

Talking AT Commander Joe?

Just wondering: mine has reddish hair, while most have dark hair. In your esteemed opinions, is this guy a beneficiary of a head swap? It seems slightly darker than the Sea Adventurers I've seen--could it just be bleached by time?
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

I'm not much of a Joe expert but it's really hard to tell w/o seeing a picture.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Could be faded, a reflock, or a head switch. Hard to say w/o seeing a photo.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Joe90
        Most Special Agent
        • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by torgospizza
        Just wondering: mine has reddish hair, while most have dark hair. In your esteemed opinions, is this guy a beneficiary of a head swap? It seems slightly darker than the Sea Adventurers I've seen--could it just be bleached by time?
        There have been cases of the Talking Commander having red hair, but that's very hard to "prove". It's all just anecdotal evidence.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page
        90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

A Talking Commander can have any color of hair. Many people assume Hasbro's pictures where they show a Blonde, and later a Red hair as Talking Commnader had to be wrong. 95% of time Talking Commander hair is brownish but there are legitmate varations.
          I have owned old store stock never opened before me and the hair was red. I have bought many Talking Commanders from lifelong trusted friends who lived on farms and only bought through Sears catalogs with no one to play with who also had unique hair colors.
          Hard Core Joe fans refuse to believe that Hasbro varied but Hasbro discounted items for Sears, JC Penny, Montgomery Wards I have no doubt that substituions were made. If you get all the vinatge Gijoe Club Magazine variations the group pictures show these varations as well as the Air Adventurer being brown haired for short period of time as well. I had the guy at Kmart open the Air Advbenturer MIB in 1974 and it was a Brown hair inside the box he opened.

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Thanks for all the responses. I've always thought it was common knowledge the Commander had dark hair, but had heard otherwise. It doesn't really matter to me--he's still awesome--but I found it curious. I'm just going to accept him for what he is and be glad I'm giving an old soldier a good home. Thanks, again!

[I also need to start using my digital camera. Had it for a couple years, and haven't used it once.]

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎