Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Melts sorted ( show u how + pics) !!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Mego Melts sorted ( show u how + pics) !!!!

Iv been collecting mego celebrity Dolls since 1999 I got my first cher , I was always confused about the sticky melts at there arms and legs , until I found out.....

loads of research and doing my own stuff to try and remove it all , the best way is to cut it away ( id do it now) if you want to save your figure + there clothing and your investment , it wont harm or damage the figure and ones its away it will not come back + the stickiness will go away and where the two plastic's have touched will go hard again once they are separated , its fantastic and the figures look great after , the melts dont affect the plastic or figure too much and when you are cutting away you will know you have did enough as the plastic underneath will be hard and just like new and look how it should originally , that's the best part , I always thought cutting it away? are you mental my 200 pounds mint in the box wonder woman , you want me to cut it up with a craft knife ..please!! stop it

From this

To this

You will need to set your self a good hour and a half to do it right First off wash the figure ( remove clothes and put aside and remove head as well if you dont want to mess up hair) clean full body with a cloth with clean water
    and dry using a soft cloth , next get talc and rub all over body ( helps reduce the sticky feeling the figures get) dust off again the figure is now clean and shiny and not sticky any more this lasts well over a year this affect, or if you dont touch it ...

Next lay the figure down inspect the damage and simply start cutting the melts like you are shaving it off start off small cuts and you will see it simply slide off do under arms legs and once removed trim off excesses till the melt is no longer there , the legs are more harder to remove and the melts go under the legs inside the body once you start trimming you will see it there and will be very sticky just keep trimming until you feel the hard body of the doll again once done, tidy up the melts until all you see is the normal body of the doll , now wash the parts with a damp cloth dry and powder again and there you have it , this figure Iv shown you was horrific and look at it now if you need any more help or you dont understand I could private message you

Hope this helps Id do it asap the longer you leave the more damage you get iv done 2 farrah + one Cher and 2 wonder woman all look great i think its well worth it as the melts look odd and dont display well

Ps to clean up stains and colour runs on legs or body remove with OXY-10 (the acne medicine) and use this after you remove the melts to leave the bit underneath super smooth

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Karen-bionic-fan; Oct 6, '10, 1:48 PM.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎