X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 22, 2010

Passed on a great score at a yard sale.

I went to a local yard sale a few years ago, it had a really great range of toys and board games at very cheap prices.

Now I am not sure why I did this, but I for some reason. I passed on the opportunity to purchase a small collection of Mego action figures and a Hulk board game from the mid 70's.

I am not sure why I didn't think to pick them up, but I didn't. When I got home, it suddenly clicked in my mind. So I rushed back to the yard sale, but everything had been sold.
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Mark
    I went to a local yard sale a few years ago, it had a really great range of toys and board games at very cheap prices.

Now I am not sure why I did this, but I for some reason. I passed on the opportunity to purchase a small collection of Mego action figures and a Hulk board game from the mid 70's.

I am not sure why I didn't think to pick them up, but I didn't. When I got home, it suddenly clicked in my mind. So I rushed back to the yard sale, but everything had been sold.
    It pains me to hear that it happened like that. Just chalk it up as a newbie learning curve. Live and learn I suppose.

At least if one good thing can come from that is I bet you will not pass up the next lot if and when.

The real kicker is if someone here posts about a great find they found at a yard sale a few years ago and bought them. OUCH!!
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

Hi Mark...welcome to another Aussie. Guess you won't hesitate next time

Comment

• Mark
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 22, 2010

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
        Hi Mark...welcome to another Aussie. Guess you won't hesitate next time
        Yeah, I won't even think twice. Have you had much luck at yard/garage sales?

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
          Banned
          • Feb 13, 2010

Talking of stupid Stuff to pass you by , when I was young I was at a jumble sale ( for the USA posters just the same as a garage sale ) Been to loads in the 80s as a young kid ...Iv seen maskatron one guy said he is from the six million dollar man , I said to mum , that man is crazy look at it hahahaha and walked away , Iv seen loads of 12 star wars figures and let them go there is so much I could kick myself vintage 70s games all there for the taking there was one I had but put in the bin , it now sells for a lot of money on e bay , Iv even had a stretch Armstrong in my hands new in the box I got from my home town from a local shop for 4 pounds in its original box that was in 1987 but he was kinda hard the guy in the shop said put him in warm water and that will help , it really did the head fell off :( the same shop iv got both bionic figures and a kids Halloween costume ......he had loads of old stock

Comment

• littlewink
            Museum Patron
            • May 19, 2008

I passed on one item and regretted it for over a year, I was lucky enough to obtain the vintage toy from the seller after alot of convincing. I learned my lesson, never pass and go with your gut, you will never lose

Comment

• Mark
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 22, 2010

Originally posted by littlewink
              I passed on one item and regretted it for over a year, I was lucky enough to obtain the vintage toy from the seller after alot of convincing. I learned my lesson, never pass and go with your gut, you will never lose
              You were extremely lucky. When I was about ten, I found a beatles portable record player at a yard sale from the 60's for $40. My parents wouldn't buy it for me, so I didn't end up getting it. Now I discover that there were only ever so many thousand released world wide and they are worth over $6,000 in poor condition.

It's great to have a disposable income now, I don't have to miss out.

Comment

• littlewink
                Museum Patron
                • May 19, 2008

That truly sucks!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡