X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Custom toys a repros information

I see loads on here use repro stuff on there toys and use different toys to make a "complete figure" I love the idea and I do it to a point Sorting hair finding better clothes cleaning touching up make up and sorting unruly hair , at what point are you damaging the price? or the item, is the custom thing sabotage or will it help in the long run ? You see I am thinking of getting a doll hair re rooted , I am looking at hair colour and a good colour match for a very rare mego Doll/figure

Mostly I try and salvage the hair clothes before finding new parts as I thing original is best what do you guys/girls think?

I really collect stuff that's mint or near mint but the last year Iv been open more to buying loose figures and dolls used for display ...

I really dont wanna damage this figure so what should I do?

Help
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

I will post photos later

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

My thoughts.

When you touch up the make up and reroot hair the dolls are considered customs because the dolls are permantely altered. Which is of course totally different from adding repro shoes or accessories which you can swap out for originals as you find them.

They appeal to two different types of collectors. Some people like well done re-roots and make up repaints and other people wont touch them because the dolls aren't original anymore.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎