X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littlewink
    Museum Patron
    • May 19, 2008

Your Collectables and this Generation

I have been collecting vintage 60s and 70s toys now for almost 15 years and I was wondering if you let your kids, nieces and nephews play with them? I have no kids but when the nieces and nephews come over they absolutly LUV these toys and beg to play them every time.

It is great to play with these things again with this generation as they also enjoy it as we did. Would like to hear your from all of you on this subject.

Cheers
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I have "beaters" that they play with. Also plenty of nineties glut toys that I'm happy to give them to open and play with (remember that scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where he let them open and play with Toy Biz 10" stuff?).

I have to admit though, when I first started giving the kids in my life comic books, I had to restrain the little voice inside me that screamed when I saw how four year olds handle comics when they read them. But that is what they are there for right? To read, to bend the pages back, spill your drink on, fight over and tear the cover up, pass 'em around to let other kids read, trad'em, roll up and put 'em in your back pocket etc. That's what I did as a kid. It's only as a teen/adult that I developed all the OCD when it came to comics and toys that takes much effort to unlearn when functioning in the "real world".
    Last edited by samurainoir; Sep 21, '10, 10:09 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I let my daughter play with the forbidden zone trap once in a while and they use my original FP Sesame Street house but for the most part, it's 90s Simpsons toys that get the most use.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Heck yeah! Check out these threads:

Hanging out w/ Zachary - Mego Talk

Mego Adventures w/ Sharry and Noe' - Mego Talk
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
          Career Member
          • Nov 27, 2009

I just put this up on my link of new pics, but it also can fit here, enjoy!!

I got a few more that I like to play with my daughter!

Here she is playing with my two Elastic Hulks from Mego and Denys Fisher both from 1979! I should note that they are worth about 16k together...

Here she is playing with my Mighty Men and Monster Maker from 1979

Here she is opening Wonder Woman underoos that were still sealed from 1980 that I got for her in Christmas of 2007! She still wears them and fights the forces of evil!!

Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Sep 21, '10, 3:49 PM.
          If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I've given my son some Mego and Godzilla stuff, but he doesn't show much interest in wanting to play with my collection (that could be a good thing, I suppose). I'm sure if I collected Hot Wheels stuff, it would be a different story.

I'm just worried that when my daughter gets older, she'll want to play with all my "dollies".

Comment

• littlewink
              Museum Patron
              • May 19, 2008

Very cool, glad to hear their are other people out there that let this generation play with their vintage toys. Their will come a time when we will all sell this stuff, hopefully the next generation buys it

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎