X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

question about Stretch armstrong

I was not allowed to have this toy back then due to the breakage and then leakage of the syrup (which I later learned was harmless corn syrup), though I think in the mid 80's I had one or two WWF stretch toys which were similar.

However I was always curious, was the syrup just a filler or did it indeed react with the type of rubber in some way that allowed Stretch to really stretch?

Like if you had an armstrong that all the syrup leaked out of, could he still stretch?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

No reaction or they would all be leaking now , the rubber used on stretch was stretchy the corn was just a filler to plump him up and make him more pliable... my brother had one I loved it .
    Last edited by Karen-bionic-fan; Sep 19, '10, 3:44 PM.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

Although if he was cold (like if you lived in a colder climate or in the winter) he was nearly impossible to stretch until you warmed him up. You had to kind of knead him and play with him to get the syrup warm enough to work with. Also he made an excellent weapon when cold similar to a block of ice or a brick.
      Rich

Comment

• DARTHTYRANUS
        "STUPID RACKINS"
        • Oct 8, 2008

Also he made an excellent weapon when cold similar to a block of ice or a brick.
        Rich
        HMM never thought of that intresting ......
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎