X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Playstation Move

Anybody else pick up the Playstation move?

I only have two games that uses it so far, Sports Champions and Resident Evil 5 Gold, but it does works very well. It's like the Wii-mote but much more precise. The Wii-mote has you flailing around alot and not really responding to what you are actually doing. The move is lite on waggle and way more responsive. In some of the games in Sports Champions, like Table Tennis, it can actually be a little unforgiving because it is matching what you are actually doing.

I also tried out the demo for Eyepet. It controls SO much better with the Move than it does with the Eyepet Magic Card the UK one I have came with. It really is wicked cool how it works with this game. I guess I'm going to have to buy the Move version now too.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

haven'y even seen it in stores yet, not that I have actually looked....maybe I will put it on my Christmas list

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I am so getting one of these next payday.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

I saw this for sale on Friday, which was shocking because I thought the street date was today. I'm on the fence about all of this Wii-influenced motion control... I honestly don't care one way or the other, but I don't want the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be overrun by shovelware like the Wii is.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoSteve
          but I don't want the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be overrun by shovelware like the Wii is.
          Agreed.

The move launch titles are hit and miss (mostly miss) but the controllers themselves are very precise and works with traditional games like Resident Evil 5, Socom, Tron Evolution and the upcoming Killzone sequel. Unfortunately all the Kinect stuff I've seen so far reaks of shovelware. Which is sadly to be expected. Can't really control regular games by flailing your hands around in front of a camera.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Okay, this is kinda ticking me off.

The High Velocity Bowling Move patch was finally added to the NA store. The problem is, it is excusive to Playstation Plus in NA. Meaning you have to subscribe to the what has been described as the "optional" Playstation Plus subscription to get a patch for a game you already bought. The patch is also available for free on the EU Playstation store to everyone in that region.

Sony has also now issued the game on Blu-Ray disc with built in Move support. Great for people that haven't bought it yet but sucks for people that already did because they aren't getting the patch without the "optional" $50 a year Playstation Plus subscription.

It's really going to suck if Sony is going to deny game patches to people in NA that don't subscribe to their "optional" $50 a year subscription service. It also seems kinda stupid on their part when they are denying so many gamers a Move patch when they want to sell and promote the Move as much as possible.

I was looking forward to the patch because the game doesn't control all that great with the sixaxis.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 21, '10, 8:30 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

It gets even better today.

When I tried to play the game today the first thing I had to do was download a patch when I loaded up the game. Get this, the patch I downloaded was the Move patch. But I still can't use the patch I had to download because if you are not a Playstation Plus subscriber you are not allowed to download what turned out to be a 100 KB "key" from the Playstation Network store which is needed to "unlock" the patch. So, yeah, even though I had to download the patch, I still cant use it.

Lol, talk about a comedy of errors on Sony of America's part.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 21, '10, 3:23 PM.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

That's definitely ridiculous. If you have a friend that has Plus, they could probably download it for you by logging into your machine with their account.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Don't worry, there are similar complaints from Playstation Eu/Australia etc.

I am thinking of joining PS Plus (Eu), so if I do, I will copy any keys and stuff you need...if I can.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

All the patches and keys are region specific, unfortunately.

I thought the Plus subscription was an okay option at first for those that wanted it. But the early demos, "free games" that you wouldn't be able to play anymore if your subscription expired and the slight discounts on stuff I don't want isn't worth $50 year to me. Kinda miffed at Sony of America right now for delaying a game patch to non subscribers.

Hopefully enough people complained. Making game patches and updates subscriber exclusives is not going to do Sony of American any favors and sets a bad precedent of delaying or charging for future game patches and updates. "Want the new system update? It's exclusive to Plus. Sign up now so you can continue to access PSN and use your PS3." I better not give them ideas.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

I plan to pick up the Xbox version...which requires "no Controller". It does a Body scan of you, and registers your movements.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                        I plan to pick up the Xbox version...which requires "no Controller". It does a Body scan of you, and registers your movements.
                        I'm kinda wary of the no controller part but hopefully it will be really nice. Let us know how it turns out out when you get one.
                        Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 29, '10, 5:27 PM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                          That sounds pretty impressive.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                            Author of Small Things
                            • Jun 14, 2001

What is shovelware?
                            --
                            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                              What is shovelware?
                              Cheap quickly made extremely low quality software.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎