X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Batman:The Brave & The Bold video game

So my son had some working money, and bought himself the new B&B game for the Wii. I have to say this game comes closer to actually feeling like a TV show than any I've ever seen. The voice cast is there, and they must have recorded HOURS of dialog. Blue Beetle banters on and on about everything him and Batman come across, with Batman constantly telling him to pipe down. And the dialog DOESN'T REPEAT. Oh sure, some things do, but the running dialog doesn't. This may be a video game first, at least for me.

The graphics and especially in-betweeners look just like the show. The play is pretty much a standard scroller, but it's not all jump and punch, you have to think a little.

You can play as Robin (in his Earth 2 Costume!!!), Beetle, Hawkman and Guy Gardner, and of course Batman. And you can select from a list of "jump-in" heroes you build as you go along. Black Canary, Booster Gold, Aquaman, Black Lightning, Red Tornado, Jay Garrick, Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Captain Marvel and Plastic Man will come to your aid when needed. And you can train with Wildcat!

Andrew loves it so much he's going to buy the DS version as well. You can actually use the DS game to control Bat-Mite on the Wii. Sounds pretty cool.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but if you are into the show, and have kids who are into it, I highly recommend this game.

Chris
    sigpic
  • Jerry68
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 12, 2008

Thanks! I did not know it was out yet.
    sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Another reason I'm going to inevitably going to end up getting a Wii.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Andrew went back for the DS version, and it's quite different, with even more drop in characters to "collect". He got Jonah Hex for pete's sake!

Oh, and if you are planning on buying these, there are $5 off coupons for both versions of the games with some of the McDonald's B&B Happy Meal toys.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Target has got the DS version on sale this week for 24 bucks.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎