PDA

View Full Version : Buck Rogers Starfigther 1/9 Scale

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 12:48 PM
Just wanted to share this with everybody so you can get an idea of just how big the 1/9 scale Buck Rogers Starfighter will be. This is pretty much how the display layout will look at the New York Comic Con. The ship is being built now and the finished product will be an accurate 1/9 scale version of the full size ship seen in the hangar bay of the show. This hangar display is finished and to say it looks amazing would be a huge understatement. It's basically a mini TV set with lighted computer consoles and fuel lines that will connect to the ship.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to give a big thanks to fellow MM member Mark Bradley (Ranger 3) who not only designed and built the display, but was also instrumental in making sure that the ship was done correctly. Thanks again Mark and hopefully I'll be sending much more work your way in 2011. :smile:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/ccarl1968/ZICA%20Toys/BuckRogersStarfighter.jpg

samurainoir
Sep 10, '10, 1:21 PM
Can't hardly wait!

AAAAA
Sep 10, '10, 1:39 PM
BIDDIE BIDDIE BIDDIE Great !

starsky
Sep 10, '10, 1:51 PM
awesome! any plans to release a limited version of it ?

AAAAA
Sep 10, '10, 2:08 PM
May I suggest a blow molded version would be quick, simple & economical from mass production .
i have mego scale jet fighters.

YANOULI
Sep 10, '10, 2:20 PM
only getting a red x here

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 2:29 PM
awesome! any plans to release a limited version of it ?

The way the tooling is being made it will be possible to make multiple copies of the ship which could be sold on a special order type basis.

only getting a red x here

That's strange. Anybody else having this problem?

pmwasson
Sep 10, '10, 2:38 PM
Awesome! That thing is huge!

Ssylyss
Sep 10, '10, 2:47 PM
just getting a red X as well

jessica
Sep 10, '10, 2:49 PM
Red X for me too.

I'm so frustrated! I need to see what's happening!!

Chris
Sep 10, '10, 2:53 PM
Same here. Plus, put me down for a starfighter.

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 2:59 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/ccarl1968/ZICA%20Toys/BuckRogersStarfighter.jpg

Mego Milk
Sep 10, '10, 3:04 PM
red "X".

wilbs518
Sep 10, '10, 3:09 PM
F'n AWESOME! Can't wait to see this at NYCC! Will there be any Figures for sale?

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 3:09 PM

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 3:13 PM
F'n AWESOME! Can't wait to see this at NYCC! Will there be any Figures for sale?

Unfortunately no. I was hoping to have some available to sell but the approval process on the prototypes took longer than expected.

sprytel
Sep 10, '10, 3:26 PM
That is so cool! What is that: 3 ft long?

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 3:35 PM
That is so cool! What is that: 3 ft long?

It's approximately 44" long, almost 4 ft.

Captain
Sep 10, '10, 3:51 PM
Red X here too, but it sounds cool:grin:

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 4:05 PM
Red X here too, but it sounds cool:grin:

Weird. I wish I knew what the problem was because I've got two different image links in the thread, three if you include the one that can clicked on.

JediJaida
Sep 10, '10, 4:46 PM
Nothing but red 'x' with all three.

Sounds really, really cool.

If I have to wait for ComicCon to see these, so be it.

I guarantee that most of the people on the forum that live in the NY state area will descend upon your booth in droves, if only to drool over the prototypes.

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 5:31 PM
. . . . I guarantee that most of the people on the forum that live in the NY state area will descend upon your booth in droves, if only to drool over the prototypes.

That's what I'm hoping for, just don't drool directly on the prototypes. :smile:

Hopefully for those of you who do attend the show and stop by the booth will also get to see Gil Gerard. Should be a lot of fun.

JediJaida
Sep 10, '10, 5:33 PM
If you can get the picture to show up on the screen, I'd be willing to settle for drooling on that instead.

Has Gil SEEN these bad boys? I'd love to know what his reaction is to them.

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 6:06 PM
If you can get the picture to show up on the screen, I'd be willing to settle for drooling on that instead.

Has Gil SEEN these bad boys? I'd love to know what his reaction is to them.

This is the first time I've run into this problem with pictures and have no idea of what else to try.

Gil has seen a few pictures of the prototypes in their early stages and based on what I was told he was impressed.

torgospizza
Sep 10, '10, 6:48 PM
Gil has seen a few pictures of the prototypes in their early stages and based on what I was told he was impressed.
That's good to hear! :smile:

UnderdogDJLSW
Sep 10, '10, 7:16 PM
I can see the picture fine. That looks awesome! Really cannot wait to order the figures.

JediJaida
Sep 10, '10, 7:29 PM
See if one of the techies here can fix it.

If not, post it on your website.

fallensaviour
Sep 10, '10, 7:33 PM
Red X here as well....???

Sounds cool though.

livnxxxl
Sep 10, '10, 7:37 PM
Bizarre about the picture comments being a red X. I am seeing the images fine and it looks friggin totally awesome to me.

I will definitely be putting some of my money down on this entire line. This is so cool! :cool_y: Thanks Craig! :smile:

kennermike
Sep 10, '10, 8:56 PM
Just wanted to share this with everybody so you can get an idea of just how big the 1/9 scale Buck Rogers Starfighter will be. This is pretty much how the display layout will look at the New York Comic Con. The ship is being built now and the finished product will be an accurate 1/9 scale version of the full size ship seen in the hangar bay of the show. This hangar display is finished and to say it looks amazing would be a huge understatement. It's basically a mini TV set with lighted computer consoles and fuel lines that will connect to the ship.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to give a big thanks to fellow MM member Mark Bradley (Ranger 3) who not only designed and built the display, but was also instrumental in making sure that the ship was done correctly. Thanks again Mark and hopefully I'll be sending much more work your way in 2011. :smile:

any pictures?

ZICA
Sep 10, '10, 9:28 PM
any pictures?

I've got two images posted and one link, none of which are working for some people. I'm not sure what the problem is.

BATMAN89
Sep 11, '10, 12:15 AM
The way the tooling is being made it will be possible to make multiple copies of the ship which could be sold on a special order type basis.

That's strange. Anybody else having this problem?

Ya, there is no pic.

alex
Sep 11, '10, 12:39 AM
no pics here in Poland as well, but Ill definately pick a star fighter up, maybe do a head count who would be interested so one for me.

Meule
Sep 11, '10, 3:15 AM
I can see the pic just fine and it really is friggin AWESOME. That thing is HUGE, can't wait to see the finished display

supes
Sep 11, '10, 4:59 AM
Totally bummed, can't see pic!:ugh_y: Just red X. Hopefully this will be corrected soon..can't wait to see it, it sounds AWESOME!

Chris
Sep 11, '10, 8:43 AM
Maybe posting the pic on the ZICA website would work?

Mefiboschet
Sep 11, '10, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately, I can't see any of the links. Just the red "x".
But this sounds so fantastic. Put me up for one of these models.
And if by any incident you should plan to work on a 1/9" scale Battlestar Galactica Viper to put next to it, you'd make a 30-year old childhood dream come true.

ZICA
Sep 11, '10, 10:45 AM
OK, I think I found the problem with the red "X" mystery and have corrected it in each of the posts. If not, let me know and I'll upload the picture to my website.

Chris
Sep 11, '10, 11:18 AM
I'm still seeing the red x.

ZICA
Sep 11, '10, 12:08 PM
I've updated the website with the display pic and info. If that doesn't work I have no idea what the problem is and I apologize to those who can't see it: ZICA Toys (http://www.zicatoys.com)

YANOULI
Sep 11, '10, 12:33 PM
Much better.

draconianguard
Sep 11, '10, 12:57 PM
Pic here, link and site work for me. Can't wait to see the finished product.

alex
Sep 11, '10, 2:23 PM
thats going to huge, what kinda price range this will be in? $120?

ZICA
Sep 11, '10, 2:44 PM
thats going to huge, what kinda price range this will be in? $120?

I won't have that information until the display ship is completed but once I do I'll be sure to post it.

JediJaida
Sep 11, '10, 4:02 PM
Ho-ly CRAP! That is FANTASTIC!

I can't wait to see the real thing.

If this thing sells, and I have no doubt it will, maybe we can get a Hawk ship or BSG fighter.

vulcan2074
Sep 11, '10, 4:16 PM
Awesome! Now thats what I'm talking about. I can't wait to see the finished product. :beaming1:
Sammy

ZICA
Sep 11, '10, 9:32 PM
Ho-ly CRAP! That is FANTASTIC!

I can't wait to see the real thing.

If this thing sells, and I have no doubt it will, maybe we can get a Hawk ship or BSG fighter.

If Buck's Starfighter sells well the chances of getting Hawk's ship made are very good.

vulcan2074
Sep 12, '10, 1:56 AM
If Buck's Starfighter sells well the chances of getting Hawk's ship made are very good.

Now that sounds Fantastic. Hawk is Cool. :beaming1:
Sammy

spamn
Sep 12, '10, 8:11 AM
Want. Want bad.

JediJaida
Sep 12, '10, 8:18 AM
I foresee a lot of chump change jars being emptied and rolled up for this little darling.

BTW, I have at LEAST a couple of jars worth of said chump change, mostly in pennies (stop laughing yo! Money's money!) and I need a good excuse to cash it all in.

toiletmonkey
Sep 12, '10, 6:35 PM
Im stoked for this entire line! im viberating right now?

TM

Chris
Sep 12, '10, 7:05 PM
The ship is going to look great! Consider one sold.

livnxxxl
Sep 12, '10, 7:35 PM
The ship is going to look great! Consider one sold.

That makes two for sure! :cool_y:

Mego Milk
Sep 12, '10, 9:52 PM
aw yeah buck.
looks great.

Ranger 3
Sep 12, '10, 11:24 PM
Nice to see this cat out of the bag- now I can finally talk about it! Its been a real pleasure working on this with Craig at ZICA. I wish him great success with the 'Buck' line!

I was just telling him the other day that, based on what I know so far, there's no way any Buck fan or collector will be dissapointed in these figures. I can't wait to see everything together!

Just one note: Although that elevation drawing of the display is mine, I have to credit the 'borrowed' Starfighter line drawing to the very skilled Alan Sinclair.

Mark

Chris
Sep 13, '10, 6:16 AM
Are you building the Starfighter from original blueprints?

spamn
Sep 13, '10, 7:23 AM
thats going to huge, what kinda price range this will be in? $120?Honestly, I'll be stunned if it's that cheap. I'm expecting it to be at least double that.

If it's $120, I'll probably get a second one for Wilma. :wink: God knows how I'm going to store even one once I'm tired of banging my head on it hanging from the ceiling, though.

ZICA
Sep 13, '10, 1:31 PM
Are you building the Starfighter from original blueprints?

Based on what I know the company that's making the Starfighter is using Alan Sinclair's blueprints and a replica of the original studio filming miniature as reference material for the ship.

samurainoir
Sep 13, '10, 5:29 PM
I better start saving my pennies!

JediJaida
Sep 13, '10, 7:20 PM
That's gonna be a LOTTA pennies, dude!

Save quarters instead, they'll add up faster.

johnmiic
Sep 14, '10, 11:47 PM
The Starfighter is not just for the display? Holy Cow!

jessica
Sep 15, '10, 1:07 AM
That looks sweet! It's going to be big for sure.

New Chicago
Oct 11, '10, 5:13 AM
Will you be posting pictures of the Starfighter once its recieved?

ZICA
Oct 11, '10, 10:51 AM
Will you be posting pictures of teh Starfighter once its recieved?

Yes, I will post several pictures once I receive it.

New Chicago
Oct 11, '10, 5:37 PM
Yes, I will post several pictures once I receive it.

Looking forward to seeing it.

starsky
Oct 17, '10, 3:49 PM
yeah me too!

Gorn Captain
Oct 18, '10, 4:31 AM
Should the Starfighter become available, just how big is that box going to be?
Or could it be shipped as a "build it yourself" snapfit kit?

ZICA
Oct 18, '10, 8:24 AM
Should the Starfighter become available, just how big is that box going to be?
Or could it be shipped as a "build it yourself" snapfit kit?

This ship is almost 48" long so if you take packing material into consideration the box would be huge, we're talking in the area of pool table huge. I'm not sure about doing it as a kit but I'll definitely check and see if that's possible.

Gorn Captain
Oct 18, '10, 11:29 AM
This ship is almost 48" long so if you take packing material into consideration the box would be huge, we're talking in the area of pool table huge. I'm not sure about doing it as a kit but I'll definitely check and see if that's possible.

It might reduce the size considerably, though I do understand the complexity of making it as a kit. Using lightweight materials would help, too, so you don't need a forklift to transport your starfighter.
I guess I'll never get my hands on one of these beauties (living across the world), but the idea alone: 48" long. Wow!

JediJaida
Oct 18, '10, 3:32 PM
I'll see that Wow! and raise you a YEEHAH!

That is going to be one big beauty!

Meule
Oct 18, '10, 4:19 PM
I guess I'll never get my hands on one of these beauties (living across the world)

Sucks, doesn't it? :wall:

Gorn Captain
Oct 20, '10, 12:08 PM
Sucks, doesn't it? :wall:

Never say die.
Perhaps we can buy (and ship) it piece by piece. I'll start with the landing gear for $20.....:grin:

Mefiboschet
Oct 20, '10, 12:31 PM
Never say die.
Perhaps we can buy (and ship) it piece by piece. I'll start with the landing gear for $20.....:grin:

Let's order three pieces together and ship it by sea-freight. I'd be definitely interested and I'm not too far away from you guys.

Gorn Captain
Oct 26, '10, 5:03 AM
Let's order three pieces together and ship it by sea-freight. I'd be definitely interested and I'm not too far away from you guys.

Hmmm. A European shipment. That could work....

New Chicago
Nov 16, '10, 9:36 PM
Any pictures that could be posted of the Starfighter?

ZICA
Nov 16, '10, 11:12 PM
Any pictures that could be posted of the Starfighter?

Nothing yet. Since it wasn't ready for the NYCC I told them to take their time on finishing it so they could add a little extra detail. Hopefully it won't be much longer and I'll have something to show.

New Chicago
Nov 17, '10, 6:11 AM
Nothing yet. Since it wasn't ready for the NYCC I told them to take their time on finishing it so they could add a little extra detail. Hopefully it won't be much longer and I'll have something to show.

Thanks for the update!

moklerman
Nov 17, '10, 10:15 AM
Nothing yet. Since it wasn't ready for the NYCC I told them to take their time on finishing it so they could add a little extra detail. Hopefully it won't be much longer and I'll have something to show.I'm pretty sure I read that these will only be made for those who order them, right?

If that's the case, do you have any idea how long that request process will be available?

ZICA
Nov 17, '10, 11:05 AM
I'm pretty sure I read that these will only be made for those who order them, right?

If that's the case, do you have any idea how long that request process will be available?

Yes, the ship is a made to order item and it will be available for as long as I have the license.

AAAAA
Nov 17, '10, 11:32 PM
will have lighted fuel lines?

starsky
Nov 18, '10, 12:46 AM
this is one spaceship i'm looking forward to!

Chris
Nov 20, '10, 8:29 PM
Nov 27th is right around the corner. Do you think that date will stick?

ZICA
Nov 21, '10, 10:33 AM

At this point I can't say for sure. The last batch of samples I received on Friday had some issues so it depends on how quickly the factory can fix them.

jasonmego1277
Nov 23, '10, 1:39 PM
WOW .....

Tristan
Nov 23, '10, 6:13 PM
Count me in for 2 if they are $120 each:yes:

kennermike
Nov 25, '10, 5:57 PM

Nov 27th is this saturday ?

Mefiboschet
Dec 18, '10, 4:55 AM
Any news on the Starfighter prop?

ZICA
Dec 18, '10, 7:58 AM
Any news on the Starfighter prop?

Unfortunately progress has been very slow on that. Since the ship wasn't ready for they NYCC I told the guy to take his time on it just to be sure everything was perfect. Seems as though he's taken that request to the extreme. Hopefully by the end of January the ship should be finished.

New Chicago
Jan 27, '11, 9:42 PM
Any word on the Starfighter?

ZICA
Jan 27, '11, 10:10 PM
Any word on the Starfighter?

Last I heard they were still working on the tooling. They ran into a problem with the cockpit section and had to rebuild it.

starsky
Jan 28, '11, 10:39 PM
got any kind of pics you could share? :grin:

ZICA
Jan 28, '11, 11:23 PM

The only pictures I've received are of the tooling and there's really not much to look at.

rebelpig
Mar 20, '11, 6:54 PM
Can't wait to see this and if ever produced buy one. If not, sell me the prototype & I'll be happy. I hope this line grows legs and runs, I'll be getting every last thing you make.

gamma70
Mar 20, '11, 8:04 PM

Hey count me in for a Starfighter and a hanger

THE FALCON
Mar 21, '11, 6:19 AM
First I'm hearing about this. Sounds great.

alex
Mar 21, '11, 12:12 PM
I forgot about this, any chances of a glimse :wink_y:

ZICA
Mar 21, '11, 12:29 PM
I forgot about this, any chances of a glimse :wink_y:

Nothing to show yet. This particular project has started to encounter a number of problems so it might be close to the end of the year before it's finished.

gamma70
Mar 21, '11, 2:46 PM
Is there a hanger playset also coming to set starfighter in?

ZICA
Mar 21, '11, 4:17 PM
Is there a hanger playset also coming to set starfighter in?

No, there is no hangar playset being done. However, I can put you in touch with the same person who built the hangar display that we used for the 2010 NYCC.

ironman1188
Mar 22, '11, 8:04 AM
No, there is no hangar playset being done. However, I can put you in touch with the same person who built the hangar display that we used for the 2010 NYCC.

And that was simply amazing up close, thats for sure!

Janson
Apr 23, '11, 5:50 PM

I'm curious myself, who made that hanger display? That thing was epic!
Let me now when you start selling them from your site!:grin: I'll start saving right now.

ZICA
Apr 23, '11, 6:09 PM
I'm curious myself, who made that hanger display? That thing was epic!
Let me now when you start selling them from your site!:grin: I'll start saving right now.

Fellow forum member Ranger 3 (Mark Bradley) built the hangar display and did an awesome job! There are no plans to mass produce the display and sell it from the site so Mark is pretty much the only option if you want to buy one. He also did the very cool mini displays that were used in the promo shots of the figures.

Ranger 3
Apr 29, '11, 11:20 AM
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag Craig- now I can talk about it!

It has in fact been a pleasure working with you on all this!

Janson: I haven't really looked at making another hangar, but I suppose with Craig's permission, I could consider it! Might be a little pricey though- its pretty big...

Here is a pic of the hangar just before it went to ZICA (with Starsky and Hutch standing in for Buck and crew):

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5669430915_f8da4aa3c2_b.jpg

And packed for travel:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3312/4606099387_fac0a9b8bb_z.jpg

Mark

Remco Monster
Apr 29, '11, 11:47 AM
VERY nice Ranger 3! Man would I love to take the lens to that baby.