• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Marvel's Micronauts are Back!

(kinda)

They are now called Enigma Force. I'm hoping that is Acroyer under that lawsuit avoiding suit. Probably not, but it just wouldn't be the same without him.

It's at least Rann, Mari and Bug though.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Ehhhhh, it stinks!

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I dunno.... the original run had such a nice sendoff it's a shame to rehash the old characters.... with suitably modern upgrades. It'd be neat to see NEW adventures with NEW characters set in the universe that came to be at the end.

Don C.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

That robot looking guy apparently is not Acroyer, but the latest version of the Transformers/Marvel UK character Death's Head.

To make this a hat-trick, they might as well throw in Circuit Breaker, Red Ronin, Kulan Gath and the Dire Wraiths to complete the team of cast-offs from former licensed properties. (Shang Chi is busy these days)

You get a genuine Marvel nerd-prize if you recognize the names of the above-mentioned characters.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

^ Circuit Breaker (Transformers), Red Ronin (Godzilla), Kulan Gath (Conan/Red Sonja), Dire Wraiths (Rom), Shang Chi (Fu Manchu)

Where's my No-Prize?
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
            Museum Patron
            • Jul 8, 2010

I like the art......and I'm not that versed in the vintage Micronauts comics (I'm still working on building the Marvel TCFI run).....so maybe the story might be ok for me (a newbie) to enjoy?

I'll try to pick it up and check it out.......

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              ^ Circuit Breaker (Transformers), Red Ronin (Godzilla), Kulan Gath (Conan/Red Sonja), Dire Wraiths (Rom), Shang Chi (Fu Manchu)

Where's my No-Prize?
              PM me your addy!

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

While this is new it's not the first time they've been used since the original runs ended.
                They were brought back in Alate 90's early 2000's in Alpha Flight, Cable & Captain Marvel.
                I think the first appearances were pretty good and the last blew. In those runs they did pretty much ignore the events of "New Voyages" entirely.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by VintageMike
                  While this is new it's not the first time they've been used since the original runs ended.
                  They were brought back in Alate 90's early 2000's in Alpha Flight, Cable & Captain Marvel.
                  I think the first appearances were pretty good and the last blew. In those runs they did pretty much ignore the events of "New Voyages" entirely.
                  I'm probably one of the few who liked New Voyages because of the Kelly Jones art. I'll have to check out those other appearances. I've been following Guardians of the Galaxy which has Bug in it. i think he also had a solo one shot at some point, perhaps in the 90s?

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>i think he also had a solo one shot at some point, perhaps in the 90s?

Yup! It's where you discover he's responsible for the creation of almost every superhero in comicdom.

Don C.

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

They could add Acroyear back to the line-up. It is the lack of the writers imagination that prevents them. He can't be called Acroyear because the name is not Marvel's to use but the Acroyear home world of Spartak is a creation of Bill Mantlo. They could juts re-name him The Spartakian or Prince Spartak for the dead world he once ruled. The Acroyear race is nomadic now so they could also be referred to as Spartakians. They could settle a new world and re-name the race. It would add a depth to the Micronauts not unlike that of the tragedy of Ben Grimm/The Thing. Then they would have to redesign the armor. No small feat but if they hire Michael Golden to do it I'm sure they could come up with something.
                      Last edited by johnmiic; Sep 12, '10, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
                        I'm probably one of the few who liked New Voyages because of the Kelly Jones art. I'll have to check out those other appearances. I've been following Guardians of the Galaxy which has Bug in it. i think he also had a solo one shot at some point, perhaps in the 90s?
                        I looked into and it's actually the cable appearance I was not not fond of. The other two (Alpha Flight v2 10 & 11) and the Captain Marvel issue are pretty good especially given the licensing limitations

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• william shatners toupee
                          Warriors Gate Productions
                          • Feb 18, 2010

I LOVE Marvels Micronauts. They are long since been overdue for a comeback, and it really IS Marvels short sightedness for not having brought them back in their own series before now. Copyright problems be damned, as long as Marvel owns some of them, how hard is it to design new cool characters for the team and start something new?

FYI, just cause I didn't see it mentioned, this is the SECOND mini with the Enigma force this year. The first one was a four part mini called WAR OF KINGS: SON OF HULK. The Micronaut parts were good, but he Son of Hulk was so freaking LAME!

I hope the new mini-series is good. Regardless i will be supporting it because i want to see more of them!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

I'm surprised that the idiots over at Disney can't see the potential of either a Movie or Cartoon series with the Marvel Micronauts...just goes to show you that it don't matter who has control of Marvel....they're just a company that doesn't have a clue anymore. They may end up going the way of the doe doe just like that other independent comic company....what's their name???? Oh yeah, Image.

Comment

• william shatners toupee
                              Warriors Gate Productions
                              • Feb 18, 2010

Well, the scary thing is that there IS supposedly a movie very early in the works (but not based on Marvels version), and mutterings about Hasbro bringing the line back somehow (perhaps as a re-invention as Palisades tried?), so the comics REALLY need to do something to make their OWN identity now and separate themselves from the old license and stand on their own. it can be done, though I don't know if this is the way to do it (IE- the current mini series).

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎