Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • websbestcomics
    • Oct 5, 2007

Marvel & DC Mego Reissues?

My first post! Go easy on the newbie, please.

My question, does anyone know whether we'll see reissues from the WGSH line, now that apparently the Trek reissues are a success? The Kirk/Klingon reissues were awesome and I'm really impressed with the detail and accuracy.
    Scott Reed
    www.websbestcomics.com
  • dumbldor
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 9, 2002

Bring them on. Repros of the World's Greatest Super Heroes can only help me pick up more of the originals cheaper. The more card variations I can find cheap, the better. I'm really glad I collect carded WGSH and not loose or boxed. I really would feel sorry for the loose and boxed collectors.

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

welcome aboard but with marvel and dc licenses i would dubt they would be re-issued. but anything is possible look at the trek and now the planet of the apes. mike

Comment

• mitchedwards
        Mego Preservation Society
        • May 2, 2003

Welcome aboard. Don't hold your breath waiting for Marvel and DC to let go of their licenses

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard. You never know of course, but I wouldn't count on it
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Welcome! It's a long shot...but I do know that it's Doc Mego's goal, to some Day get WGSH back on the Toy Shelve's.
            sigpic

Comment

• rikitikitavi
              Museum Mongoose
              • Aug 15, 2003

Welcome aboard. Chain-mail required for some posts. Personally, I think it will happen. The license can be limited to reproducing Megos, the first action figure incarnation of DC and Marvel's characters. Therefore it would not bite into any of their other license holders.

Comment

• LadyZod
                Superman's Gal Pal
                • Jan 27, 2007

An important thing to remember... the Doc, or better still EMCE toys does not hold ANY of the licenses of the figures currently in production for Diamond Select. Diamond Select Toys holds all the licenses. They kind of subcontract to EMCE to PRODUCE the items.

That is why DST controls what gets made in terms of characters for the licenses (Star Trek or POTA).

Now that being said... DST also subcontracts to Art Asylum for some of their licenses, like Battlestar Galactica, Buffy, and even Trek... AND MINIMATES!

DST has the Marvel and DC licenses for minimates. Minimates for BOTH companies are being produced for DST. Think about that.

It's wouldn't be too far a reach to believe or hope for a possible limited DST run of Mego Superheroes, seeing as though DST has done the seemingly impossible in terms of contracting both comic giants for one line of compatible figures... and that DST has subcontracted to two different companies (art asylum and EMCE) on one license (Star Trek.)

Don't let hope die. Keep supporting the effort by buying POTA and Trek EMCE figures, and show DST that there IS a demand for "retro clothing style" figures.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                Check out my art:
                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

DST has the Marvel and DC licenses for minimates. Minimates for BOTH companies are being produced for DST. Think about that.
                  That's it in a nutshell----

DC and MARVEL characters have an advantage that TREK and POTA don't have
                  which is MANY recognixable characters that weren't in the original lines

I mean, like, icons that a lotta "civilians" know

and if it was up to me-----once EMCE does (hopefully) get that far----I'd opt for
                  straight out "non-vintage" charcter line picks if only after a couplea key remakes
                  (i.e. Supes/Spidey)

I'd go right to DOC OCK, LEX LUTHOR, FLASH, CAPT. COLD, GREEN LANTERN & SINESTRO
                  -------those characters are popular enough on their own (I think) to warrant
                  satiating both the old AND new collectors DR. DOOM wouldn't be a bad idea either,
                  but I was trying to pair heroes with their respective enemies
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

Not going to happen!

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Why not!
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by AAAAA
                        Not going to happen!

Why not? Mattel has DC....yet DC Direct makes all kinds of DC Figure's for Diamond Select.
                        sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

Welcome aboard. Okay, I will go easy on you this one special time

Cat

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            Alan Scott is the best GL
                            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by rikitikitavi
                            Welcome aboard. Chain-mail required for some posts. Personally, I think it will happen. The license can be limited to reproducing Megos, the first action figure incarnation of DC and Marvel's characters. Therefore it would not bite into any of their other license holders.
                            Sorry to say but CAPT action made Action figures of dc and marvel super hero characters about 10 years before the WGSH line (yes they were costumes for the capt and action boy but they count). mego does have the disctinction of first binging these characters to the 3inch scale which made SUPER POWERS possible though

Comment

• jds1911a1
                              Alan Scott is the best GL
                              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Why not? Mattel has DC....yet DC Direct makes all kinds of DC Figure's for Diamond Select.
                              I think Dc direct is a subisduary of WB so I would guess they can leverage a better deal from Mattel as the "master liscence holder" for DC's characters. also DC direct produces to a niche market. Sure If someone ponys up the huge $ and we all want to spend 50-80 on a figure we could probably get EMCE styled toys for DC or marvel character but if that was the case I think that DC direct would do it themselves. Anything is possible but I am not holding my breath waiting for it

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎