X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

KISS Canadian "Grand Toys" version box

I just thought I'd share a pic of a KISS box variation that I don't see very often if at all. I have three of the KISS dolls that I've owned since I was a kid. They all came from Canadian stores and had this bilingual box, complete with the Grand Toys logo, who distributed Megos at the time. The box for the first KISS figure I bought was promptly cut apart so that I could have the cut out guitars and drums on the back (d'oh!). This box here came from my second figure, Gene, who I received Christmas 1978. Luckily I managed to hang onto this box all this time. Later I bought Paul on clearance, but his box was completely trashed, so I ended up once again cutting it apart for the guitars, because of course I lost the guitars from the first box (d'oh again!)

How rare are these boxes? I'd love to get a complete collection in these boxes, but I only see the US versions on ebay.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

That box looks bad I've only seen 1 in the past year or so,so I'm guessing they are pretty rare
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

Amazing you've kept it all that time. Also amazing your Kiss figures are in such good shape considering they were yours as a kid.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I think it helped that I never really played with them much. I always had them proudly sitting on my bookshelf (and during my much of my teenage years, when neither KISS nor toys were considered "cool", I just had them safely packed away in a box). Even as a 10 year old, I seemed to have a feeling that these figures wouldn't really stand up to a lot of play, so I kind of babied them. (Gene even still has the original rubber band holding his topknot in place)

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 28, 2007

Thats pretty cool! In my days of Kiss collecting I don't think I ever saw one of those.
          I never played with my childhood KISS megos either. A little when I first got them, but my Mom kept them in a closet for years, stored in a Solo albums plastic bag they gave away at the record shop, thinking they'd be worth something some day....Good thinking Mom. Sadly my childhood megos are long gone.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎