Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no answer on why PS 30 & 31 are so rare?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

Still no answer on why PS 30 & 31 are so rare?

I've seen quite a few posts on here asking why PS cards #30 and #31 are so rare, but no one has given any kind of serious reply. What happened with these cards? Were they all given away at a toy show? Are they sitting in a box in Canada? Was there a fire? Alien abduction? Secret Society?

These seem to be the most difficult PS cards to find out of the entire run, but they aren't that old. I understand why I can't find many of the cards that I'm looking for. Some were released while I was away and just weren't available by the time I came back. Some I see up now and them, but I just don't have the cards I would need to trade for them. But I was actively on here when #30 & #31 came out and it seems like they just kind of mysteriously appeared in the hands of one or two collectors and then disappeared again. I don't even remember any kind of announcement about them being available. It's just like #29 was the highest number for months then all of the sudden, "Oh, sure #30 and #31 were released a while back, but we're on to #33-35 now." No one ever seems to have them for trade or to give away in contests like pretty much all of the other cards. Can anyone give any insight on why they're so damn rare?!?!

Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm getting publicly called out now? I printed them on my dime, shipped them out on same dime and am out of them.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I don't think they're any more rare than any of the others

PS cards are crazy easy to get -- you just have to be persistent and relentlessly keep bumping up your needs list.

Comment

• zeeterman
        • Feb 23, 2008

It's MOST appreciated Palitoy. No accusations on your end. We're just tryin to figure out why these 2 cards are in such short supply. I too was checking the boards regularly at the time and still was never able to procure them. Trying to figure out if there are some secret hoarders out there. Or were there just a smaller amount printed?

Comment

• Zemo
          Still Smokin'
          • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
          I'm getting publicly called out now? I printed them on my dime, shipped them out on same dime and am out of them.
          lol it appears so.

Comment

• TEXASFETT
            #1 Bounty Hunter
            • Aug 29, 2008

Thanks to Palitoy and others for all that you all do for us on the boards. The way I got my cards is with the purchase 1978 Reimagine Mego Magazine.Inside its contents where 0-Brick Mantooth,30- Kenner Alien,31- Slade, Aquaman Shark sticker.I ordered two and got lucky but this was 4 or 5 months back this year. Once again thanks to all that make these cards possible.

Eric

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I shipped them out with the 1978s, I included doubles on most orders. Whenever anybody has a question, I do answer PMs.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kennermike
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 4, 2007

people are getting called out! its Thunderdome two men enter one man leaves with PS cards !

Comment

• TEXASFETT
                  #1 Bounty Hunter
                  • Aug 29, 2008

Hey generic so are you missing this cards or do you have them?

Eric

Comment

• kennermike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by TEXASFETT

Eric
                    I believe he's missing them like myself

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

A stack of the catalogs went missing from the post office when they were originally shipped, mine included. I dare say I had a set of these with Brick with my order. They have yet to surface. Since I picked up my catalogs at MM I've had to ask for the Alien and Brick. I could still use a couple of those. But my guess is that's what happended to quite a few of them.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• trekman101
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2009

I need these two cards myself ....if any one can help me I have cards to trade.......thanks
                        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Yeah, yeah, you took the time to have these made, got them printed, PAID for the whole schlemiel AND took the time to pack them up and handed them out for free, but that, sir, is just not enough!

What''s keeping you from going into debt to better serve us who have been so kind as to take these free cards. Have you thought about that?!?!? I believe that job you seem to be so fond of is just getting in the way getting me more cards. And don't use that family excuse, again. You've got a couple kids now. Let them entertain each other. Does dad really need to be that involved. The world is a cold place filled with rejection and abandonment. Let them learn that lesson now.

Maybe if you're world was just a little more focused on me, things would be a little nicer.

For me.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• johnmiic
                            Adrift
                            • Sep 6, 2002

Brian, just take what you have left and sell them on eBay for top dollar. Let people enter a bidding war and beat each other senseless over them as you watch from on high as a vengeful god would and you will feel better for it.

Comment

• generic
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 25, 2009

Wow! I just read all of the replies to my post and it seems that I have been greatly misunderstood. I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time!

Dude, I appreciate all that you've done with these cards. My post was in no way meant to insult you! I know what goes into having a set of cards printed and I think you're a champ for doing this! It's awesome that we have these cards and I really appreciate the efforts of everyone involved; right down to the guys who've sent some of the cards out to me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I seriously apologize for any negativity that my post conveyed towards anyone.

With that said, after re-reading my post, I can't understand why so many people take it as an attack. It was simply a post expressing my frustration about the rarity of two recent cards and my wonder about why they are so rare. The same type of questions arose about the rarity of the Penguin card and that's how we learned that a bunch of them were handed out at a show thus making them less common here than many of the other cards. Similar questions were raised about how common some of the superhero cards are and that's how we learned about multiple printings of Robin and Green Arrow. Several people have posted comments about the rarity of these two PS cards, but their rarity seemed to remain a mystery.

ScottA mentioned here that many of the catalogs that were originally shipped went missing from the post office. If many of these cards were sent out in those catalogs, maybe that's why these two cards are so rare. That's the kind of info I was trying to find.

...Whenever anybody has a question, I do answer PMs.
                              I know. You've been very helpful to me with stuff that wasn't even your problem. You've been great! If I had meant for this to be a question to you, I would have sent a PM. But this was just a general question to anyone who knew anything about why they are so rare and expression of frustration at the trouble I'm having finding these two cards - not a reflection on how I feel about the way you've handled anything.

I try very hard not to stir the pot around here and I sincerely feel bad that my post was taken that way. I promise that was not my intention.

Originally posted by TEXASFETT
                              I do not have either of these cards.
                              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎