• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

planet of the apes question

hi all,
    i'm not too familiar with the planet of the apes figure line. could someone please clarify the differences between soldier ape lizard, blue, brown, and other variations? eel skin?

thanks
    darren
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

In a nutshell it is the color and texture of the soldier apes top / gloves. The colors are blue, brown and silver. There is also a lizard - textured blue.

Check out the galleries
    http://megomuseum.com/pota/images/3soldiers3.JPG

Comment

• Merlyn1976
      Fist of Khonshu
      • Mar 29, 2005

There is also a high gloss black version of the plain blue tunic (I think it was only available from Palitoy though)...
      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Questions are always cool, it's what we're here for, but remember, the forums are just a small part of the Museum. The real Museum is the gallery. Each line has section, each section lists all the figures with pics. You can see examples of the figures, the packaging, and even see detailed pics of each and every accessory through the AC section accessed from the main page.

Read this
        Planet of the Apes Gallery: Mego Museum : Mego Corp : Mego Toys
        it will not only tell you, it will SHOW you.

The Museum itself is the greatest Mego asset ever created, and it's totally free. Take a little time and look around the place, you'll be blown away.
        Last edited by ABMAC; Oct 4, '07, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

thank you very much for clarifiying!! i figured i'd ask instead of trying to maneuver around the site. it's a lot quicker that way thanks for the link dave!

Comment

• Dave Mc
            Administrator
            • Oct 20, 2002

Scott's worked very hard on the navigation. Just click gallery, select the line you want, select the character you want. It can't be any easier than that.

Comment

• critter2
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 2, 2005

I went back thru the Gallery the other day and could'nt believe all the changes! Its way better than the way it was and the new pics are great. My compliments on the shot of all the diff. Soldier Apes from above them.

Comment

• highquality
                #1 Super Guy
                • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
                There is also a high gloss black version of the plain blue tunic (I think it was only available from Palitoy though)...
                And I NEED him.
                WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Yeah, I'm always checking them out often. That's GREAT help us to know more about P.O.T.A gallery, news, check accessories and bodies list!

I'm still looking for Variation Soldier and General Apes on eBay daily and nights.
                  Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 10, '07, 1:31 AM.
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• MegoGeekJr
                    Youngest Mego Lover
                    • Dec 6, 2005

Originally posted by z3zep
                    In a nutshell it is the color and texture of the soldier apes top / gloves. The colors are blue, brown and silver. There is also a lizard - textured blue.

Check out the galleries
                    http://megomuseum.com/pota/images/3soldiers3.JPG

They came with gloves?!
                    My heighten mutant sense never lies..........................................This ain't lemonade.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                      Love to play with Megos
                      • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by MegoGeekJr
                      They came with gloves?!
                      Yep, all T-1 Soldier Apes and General Ursus (black face) came with their's original gloves from the Factory. Also, VERY rare T-2 Brown General Ursus with gloves and mittens came from the Factory too. The regular Blue Soldier Ape is not varaint but if found one on ebay or in any Mego Marketplace has VERY rare Light blue tunic with gloves is varaint. I saw one on ebay that came with it's original MOC. The previous owner opened it and displayed the Light Blue varaint Soldier Ape figure. I have been outbid on ebay....... it went over $150! Next time I'll outbid the bidders for it.
                      Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎